Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just like seeing what people are buying for their pets.

My recent Chewy order contains:

Nature's Recipe Fish and Potato flavor (New protein, we have tried chicken, lamb, and venison by that brand so far)

Fromm's Hasen Duckenpfeffer 4lb dog food (I buy sm bag of Fromm's from time to time to mix in with their regular food. This recipe has duck and rabbit in it, my beagle will go nuts)

Kong Squeezz Jels Pig dog toy (bought one of these recently and my dogs love the erratic bounce, but "medium" ended up being so tiny, got a large this time

Sm jar Mushers Secret to have on hand for paw pad maintenance

I love spending money on my doggies!

Your turn!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I try not to.

Freshpet chunks, and hotdogs--for treats.

I'm assuming regular meals don't count.

I did crochet a rat for him.

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
My most recent buys are a couple of kong jumbler balls, a tug and sheepskin leash wrap from genuine dog gear, and a stroller (have two senior dogs unable to go on long walks anymore and am also going to use it as a portable crate for training and events for my sport dogs).
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
880 Posts
My most recent buys are a couple of kong jumbler balls, a tug and sheepskin leash wrap from genuine dog gear, and a stroller (have two senior dogs unable to go on long walks anymore and am also going to use it as a portable crate for training and events for my sport dogs).
Posted via Mobile Device
Is it a special dog stroller? Links, pics?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Hmmm. I buy something for my dogs almost every day I think...:)

My most recent expensive purchase was a 15 foot agility tunnel, but my most recent purchase was two Fenzi Dog Sports courses.

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
Oh! Didn't really think about them but I bought some FDSA courses too! ;)

@Artdog, it's a fairly basic stroller. I debated between just a push stroller and one that can be converted to pull behind a bike. Decided on just a push stroller for now. So far I like it a lot. :)

I used it to push Pearl and Penny in the fair parade. Felt a bit silly, but it was really great because it was easy to keep them comfy with their cooling pads and water dish. Plus so much easier to control the crowd's access. Dexter witnessed me working with the girls getting them comfy riding together and decided right away he wanted in on the action. Good because I want to use it as a crate for him sometimes. But also can't have it just setting out atm because he's a bit guardy even...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Other then their dog food my local pet store had an awesome deal on antlers. Got them 2 what they described as medium antlers. They are huge and were only $15. At this point the dogs struggle to carry them. Best deal I could find so I had to pick up 2!

·
Registered
880 Posts
@kmes thanks--great pics. That looks fabulous--I don't think Sonic would fit :)

I'd love a bike stroller, maybe, someday. Right now leaving Sonic at home for the rare bike tour. Given that it was 35Celcius (HOT), probably a good thing. Would be fun to take a dog on an all day bike tour and let him run, ride, and swim...a crazy dream of mine. Would take some training to get a dog happy to ride along, I think.

Reactions: srelizabeth

·
Registered
880 Posts
Try not to what? Spend money on your dog?
Yep, exactly. Goes for me too, and the cats.

I make toys for the cats with a stick, a string, duck tape and feathers.

Easy peasy gorgeous tugs from old clothing. A pair of jeans plus old sweats that I made for my former gsd is still going strong.

I've had dogs for years, so I have a ginormous pile of old but serviceable dog toys. Pretty sure Sonic doesn't care if it's new or used.

I buy the largest quantities of whatever I can squeeze into freezer or cupboard to get the bulk savings.

I run every purchase through the need/want filter. If it's a want, then, can I make it? If not, how badly do I want it? Is it worth it?

That said, I'll add an awesome tug-n-treat frisbee from Cleanrun (the one with handles) -- very worth it,

And the e-book (because it was much cheaper than the dead-tree version) Control Unleashed.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The most recent stuff I got for the dogs was Victor Yukon River Salmon & Sweet Potato dog food as something new for the dogs to try that's also more affordable. Hopefully it will agree with Sawyers stomach. I also got some c.e.t toothpaste and some freeze dried minnows for a treat.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Sabina88 - freeze dried minnows! Never thought of those, I like it. This is a good thread to get people trying something new out for their dog(s) :)

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am a new "Chewy" user, this is my 3rd time ordering, I believe. I love that it's free shipping over $50 but I was hoping that, like a lot of online sites, they would include a % off of your next order coupon with your shipment. Do they ever do that?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm in the same boat, ive only used chewy's a couple of times and it has already become a dangerous place for me :p.

I actually came across the minnows by chance on chewy's, I was thinking about getting some chicken/turkey/duck feet or some tracheas (cooked not raw), then I ran into the minnow's and ended up getting those instead and its nice that there one ingredient only. There Vital Essentials Minnows Freeze-Dried Dog Treats if your interested.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually came across the minnows by chance on chewy's, I was thinking about getting some chicken/turkey/duck feet or some tracheas (cooked not raw), then I ran into the minnow's and ended up getting those instead and its nice that there one ingredient only. There Vital Essentials Minnows Freeze-Dried Dog Treats if your interested.
Thank you so much for telling me they are on there! The price on them is great as well. I will definitely be trying some as soon as my current dog treats run out. If not the minnows, I'd also like my dogs to try the chicken hearts!

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok, most recent now is a harness/collar set, toys, treats, and dog food. She loves her new harness and was walking very pretty on it. No pulling at all

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I shop at Chewy's too! I usually do a food order every 3 months so it's a lot!
Molly is a little dog at 13# so this is a 3 month+ order!

Canine Caviar dry food(Open Meadow & Free Spirit formulas are only $8.00 for a 4.4# bag right now, so I got one of each & will freeze 1 bag!)
Tropiclean tooth gel
Ark naturals brushless toothpaste
A Case of Evolve wet food (13oz cans)
K-9 Naturals freeze dried green tripe(2.2# bag)
Triumph Turkey & Berry Jerky treats(1.5# container)
Redbarn Barky Bark (6)
Barkworthy Gullet sticks(6)

Then of course there's her raw Chicken, Lamb, Beef, and Goat from our local markets to round out 'Molly's Pantry' !!!!! LOL!

I also bought some material to make ANOTHER leash and collar set.......
I am always tempted by toys but she has too many as it is!
I did order a set of 12 9" safety cones for playing 'find the treat' on Amazon... LOL!
I truly need to stay away from Amazon and Ebay....................;)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I just ordered 2 new doggy toothbrushes and also used it as a excuse to finally get Sawyer his own kong :p.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went on a splurge a few weeks ago and bought a lot of different types of treats on Amazon. I do rally and agility classes with him, and also I have him signed up for a recall class (to sharpen his recall). So...that means a lot of treats! I should be set for the next few months, at least. Oh, I also bought him a couple winter jackets, since they were on sale. ($12 for a waterproof jacket for my XL dog...great deal!)

I look at the ingredients and try to buy healthy stuff.

Some of the stuff I bought:

Blue Buffalo Treats Blue Bits Dog Treats
Wellness WellBites Beef & Turkey Natural Soft Dog Treat Biscuits
CANIDAE Grain Free PURE Chewy Treats
Wellness WellBars Wheat Free Yogurt, Apples & Banana Natural Crunchy Dog Treat Biscuits
The Honest Kitchen, Proper Toppers Grain-Free Turkey Dog Food
Redbarn Pet Products Beef Food Roll
Redbarn Pet Products Chicken and Liver Food Roll

In case anyone's curious, here's a link to the jackets I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J40WQWM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.