Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering taking my old lady in to be evaluated for this. In my other thread I described her sudden limp, among other problems (or maybe not so sudden as I think back to how shed wake with that leg tucked up here and there). It hasn't gotten any better. Her back end appears very weak. Can't do stairs at all. She can, however, get down from places ok. She has problems getting up sometimes if she wanders off the mats I've put down for her (wood floors).The other hind leg does not appear to have any problems. I can see she doesn't put any weight on that leg, though she moves it from the hip fine, and she also doesn't drag her knuckles.
Vet had suspected spinal injury. X-rays revealed nothing. We're not doing an MRI as we're not putting her through surgery at this point and vet is reluctant to put her under anyway.
Vet had noticed a lag in her response time of righting the knuckles on that foot suggesting neuro problems.She also mentioned, after manipulating her limbs, that the knee on that leg shouldn't move"like this" but didn't say anything further about that. Could that be this luxating patella I've read about? Would that cause the lag in response time or not?
Anyway, I'm wondering if chiropractic work could help her get around better. I don't expect it to heal it but thought it might be worth a try at helping her out especially as I'm sure she's all out of whack for compensating for that leg.
Experiences? Good? Any bad? TIA

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, X-rays were only taken of her abdomen/spine/tail. I didn't know that's all they were going to do. I would've asked to just do her whole body considering her leg was only one of her problems at that point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts