Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your dog's name and why did you choose that name for him/her? And if you show your dog, what's his/her show name? I don't have a dog at the moment, but my horse's full name was Liberty Dixie Belle (I didn't name her); Dixie was her barn name.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My current dog is named Lucky, I dunno why I chose it.
Our old Poodle was called Schizo, ironically he was messed up in the head, lol
Our old Bullmastiff was called Shredder, cause I loved Shredder from TMNT, lol (the only dog that we showed, he was a champion, his show name was also Shredder)
My next dog will be named either Dante or Kenji if a male, and Roza for female.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
We have four, Our first dog we got is Tinkerbell, we rescued her and she came with that name..she was 3 so I didnt want to change it. The next one we got is Harvick (after kevin harvick) because we like him lol. Next we were blessed with Wendy, figured tinkerbell and wendy...could it get any better? Finally Peyton is our latest addition. I love Peyton Manning but didnt like the name Manning. Whew. Then theres fat cat and kitty..not very clever but fun. i do not want to name all the ferrets we have lol sorry maybe on a special request

·
Registered
187 Posts
Honey (Saluki X Greyhound) - when we went to get her nobody knew what name she was going to have, and when we got in the car everybody was still throwing names around when my little brother who was two at the time said Honey, and the name stuck as that.

Diesel (GSD X Greyhound)- I always wanted a dog called Diesel ever since I saw snow dogs, I even had a dog that was taken from one home and we rehomed him to another home which was more suited for him then our home and much better then his first home who I wanted to call Diesel, although he went on to be called Logan, and when we saw Diesel in the back garden, he was filthy and because of his stripes some people say that he looks like a red dog that has had Diesel poured all over him so it suits him to lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bobo(Beagle mix) - I was a toddler and called a dog, a "bobo".
Lady(GSD/Husky) - My parent's named her.
Dober(GSD/Husky/Doberman) - I said he looked like a doberman, but said the "o" like you would say dog.
Dakota(Rottweiler/Pit) - Humane Society named him.
Ruby(Doberman) - Named by the breeder. I was going to change it, but it seemed to fit her.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our German shepherd's name is Dakota. We got her from a breeder that lived on Dakota street here. Also I like Indian names. Our male dog is Comanche and our older German shepherd's name is Cheyenne. We also had a German shepherd named Apache and a White GS/ wolf mix named Cherokee. We also had a GS puppy named Geronimo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Winstin (WestiePoo) Lives with "dad". When we saw him online there was another dog we liked and his name was Winstin, our lil white pup had the unoriginal name of Casper so we used the other name since we liked it :) Could be for Winston Churchill, the tires, I think there are also Winstin cigarettes... and so forth but really, we just liked it. lol His full name is Winstin Aurelius.
ThizzleBug (ChihuahuaMix) newest addition. He's tiny and has rather large (un-proportional) eyes like a lil bug. Very cute tho! Thizzle is just a word our friends use now and again but it rolls off the tongue :)
Stitches (Ally Cat) Also lives with "dad". Stitches is a kitty cat that I got at the SPCA. The day I got him he had just gotten his stitches from being fixed. Hence... stitches. lol or Stitcherpuss on occasion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Marble (min-pin mix) because I am really bad with names and couldn't think of anything. It was either Marble or 'Your Highness'. Both fit pretty well.

Toby Wan Kenobie (long coat chihuahua) Toby because he's absolutely adorable. Looks and acts like a living teddy bear. The rest of it because my step father thinks he's funny.

Tinker Bell (short haired chihuahua) My younger sister loves the disney character, Tinker Bell, so that's how the dog got it's name. It's really funny because the dog is so ugly. She has an underbite and is missing most of her hair. But she's got the greatest personality- we absolutely love her.

General Wylie Coalpepper (german shepherd) He comes from a line of show dogs so my step father felt obligated to give him a show name. The man is all about Texas (where we live) so he wanted something that sounded Southern. General Coalpepper apparantly sounds southern. The Wylie part comes from the fact that we live in Wylie, TX. The dog, however, only answers to 'Cole.'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dank is my 10 month old boston terrier. I named him Dank because, well, he is a pretty dank little doggy :) super smart, freaking adorable, and a strange combo of the clumsiest/most graceful dog i've ever owned -- he jumps from the floor all the way up to the back of the couch to sit in the window (like a cat ha), but then when he gets down, he'll walk straight into a coffee table.

Inwha is my boyfriend's mini schnauzer. It was the name of a tae kwon do form my bf took as a kid. They've been together since Inwha was a pup and my boyfriend was just a kid... he's coming up on 13 years old soon. You wouldn't ever know it though, hes super energetic and does a damn good job keeping up with the puppy / keeping the puppy in line ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
the name u choose is very nice but why not try this names tyson and jackson physically that name is very glamous you go to anyplace you call loud .i thing this name suitable to all the places and it is recoganised throughout the world.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Alaskan Malamute Kairyl: I just liked the sound of the word. I was in college and learning about chiral carbons in organic chem. But I wanted a different spelling :) (it's pronounced ky, like the sound in kite). His registered name is Tigaras Whats It To You. Tigara is his breeder, and he names all his dogs after songs. He let me choose the name, as long as it started with Tigara, so I wanted to stick with the theme. It's a country song. His name and his reg name have nothing to do with each other, but that's ok :)

When Buddjet came into my life, he wasn't mine, he belonged to a lady where I boarded my horses. She named him Buddy. I got to train him for agility, so everyone knew him as Buddy when he finally became mine. So I wanted something similar, but more original. So BUDDjet for Buddy, and the JET because he's fast ;) His "show name" (agility purposes) is Over Buddjet (because at the time I was only allowed two dogs, and he was the third, plus he goes over obstacles).

Hubby named his dogs after his fave team: Denver Broncos. He had a Bronco, Elway, Coach. So when we got his next dog, we named her Denver. Then we ended up with her sister as well, so we named her after my team, the Philadelphia Eagles: her name is Philly.

Our other dogs, I just liked the names. They're all mini aussies: Toby, Rylie, Roxi and Rumor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well its kinda funny...our dogs were named and it seems like they have somehow grown into their names. Such as Flipper (named by my dad) he is the most spritely, and resembles a dolphin when he's jumping around and happy to see us.

Another one is Tarzan....he turned out to be the top dog out of the litter, just as the king of the jungle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts