Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a nearly 3 year old pit bull mix. She is very active and will play fetch all day long if she had her way, and sometimes does. The problem is, is that I'm seeing her having trouble getting up after laying down. It's all the time, not just on days when she's been running a lot. I told the vet this back in the spring at her yearly check up. He checked her hips and said they felt fine and she showed no signs of being in pain. I have taken her off dry food. I give her a mix of canned food and the tubular refrigerated meat. And I always mix in cooked veggies into her meal. I've taken her off dry for quite some time now, but have not seen much, if any improvement. Does anyone have any ideas/advice? She is way too young to be having these problems.

Here are two photos of her. One struggling to get up. The other, her peculiar way of laying sometimes.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Maybe a second opinion with a couple of X-rays just to be sure there's nothing physically wrong.

Raw chicken feet are naturally high in glucosamine and chondroitin, good for the joints and make for good easy treats for the dog.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's probably my next move is getting her some x rays. And yes I should probably start her on some supplements or something like you suggested. But I just can't see how she could have issues at that age.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts