Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Fitz- 11 week old miniature pinscher male
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my sister’s dog Gertie, according to a genetic test, is not only part border collie (smart), but part beagle, basset hound, and German shepherd….(scent). So I decided to make a game for her, called “go find.” I say “go find,” she finds a treat hidden somewhere nearby.
On the SECOND REPETITION, she got it!! She was sniffing around like crazy and all I said was “go find.” We did about five rounds in all. She needs hints and encouragement but I had so much fun playing with her, and I think she had fun too!
Has anyone else practiced scent games with their dogs?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Pup and I enjoy Easter egg hunt immensely. To make it more fun, I hide different flavors of treats in the eggs.

One way that I give hints for hard hiding places is that I hide blue or yellow eggs there so that they pop out visually more.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes! That's one of our games! Have pup wait, hide the treats all over the room/ house and set pup free to sniff them out. We hide them under pillows, in blankets, near furniture so he has to crawl a bit, on low shelves. We use find the treats often when we are leaving for an evening, keeps him sniffing and searching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts