Dog Forum banner

51961 - 51980 of 51983 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
For the past several years I have just had Shih Tzu x Maltese, still have three. Three years ago I got Bonnie, she is a Poodle x Golden Retriever and that seemed to start a "Poodle" phase. She was the first dog I have had with Poodle in her. I bred her back to a Poodle once before I got her spayed and kept Gypsy (3/4 Poodle 1/4 Golden). I then rescued Izzy, a large Miniature by the same sire as Bonnie. She was raised in a box stall, scared of everything. They wanted to get rid of her because they could not get her bred. I had her spayed right away. She will never be social with strangers but is really good with me now. Then along came Holly, a parti-color Standard Poodle. She is my niece's dog but she had to move into an apartment so I have her till they find a house. So that is my "Poodle Pack", enjoying all of them. Still do Agility with one of my Shih Tzu x Maltese, and just started with Bonnie.

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Man, this thread is so quiet now! I'm guilty too! I don't get on here nearly as much as I would like to these days. I started a new job in July and it's insanely busy. When I get home, I'm working dogs and making dinner. By the time I settle down for the day, I do NOT want to be on a computer! Haha

Update:

Me: As stated above, I started a new job in July. I love it. It's challenging, exciting and rewarding. The only downside is the commute to Boston everyday is a killer. I'm so happy to be done with school! Overall, my life has been fairly uneventful!

Aspen: She is the best girl <3 I cannot believe she'll be 5 this year!! We're still playing flyball and hiking. She loves to hike! We started barn hunt last year. I find it a bit boring but she loves it and is such a natural so I try to take her a couple of times every month.

Breeze: She is growing into such a fun dog! She's about 10 months old- that went SO quickly! We've started foundation work in disc and flyball. She loves to swim so we'll also be dabbling in dock diving. Taking things slow due to her age. She also loves hiking so we try to get out in the woods 3-4 times per week.

That's a brief update on the girls and I! I'd love to hear updates on all of you! :)

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Yeah, this has been pretty dead. I pop in every once in awhile though.

Not a whole lot is new with me. Still at the same job and working towards my masters. Still hunting for a second job that will help cushion me a bit financially. I had an interview with somewhere on Monday but I'm not super optimistic (I'm sure they had other great candidates).

Dogs are generally pretty great. I really want to start lessons up with Chisum again but they're pricey so I'll have to find that second job first. :p He's still adjusting to living in town but has done better than I expected he would.

I did an Embark test on Sophie! The link is in my signature. I was a little surprised at what she's got in her, but Poodle was obvious haha.

Oh, and I booked my vacation for July! I'll be headed back to the Canadian Rockies (my favorite place ever) with a friend, then down to Glacier in MT. She lives in SD now so maybe we'll hit the Badlands too on our way back. We're camping because it's the cheapest option but I'm actually kind of excited about that. It's going to be so much fun.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Oh cool @PoppyKenna! I did an Embark on Aspen, it was awesome! Her top 4 breeds were terrier, lab, cattle dog and border collie. All make perfect sense! I was mostly happy that she was clear for 172 diseases.
Thankfully Sophie was clear of diseases too. She's apparently a carrier for dwarfism - not that it matters as she's spayed anyway - and that's because she's part Dachshund! Never would have guess as she's got some long skinny legs haha.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I loved getting an Embark test for Phantom - I got the breeder kit so I submitted the results to OFA. I got a pet kit for my mother in law and she's having a hard time swabbing her dog.

I finally got a new job and left the toxic clinic I was working at just to jump into another. I'm working $0.50 above minimum wage and over 40 hours each week. I've worked just 45 minutes shy of 50 hours... twice. I'm being pushed past my threshold because I'm working 6 days a week and my back and neck have been acting up due to the strenuous activities that my job requires. I hate it.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Hey friends! How are y’all doing?! I nearly adopted a sweet dog yesterday but someone beat me to it. Husband is getting a vasectomy, so I’m playing the “this is the only baby I’ll ever have!” card.

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
@LoveLola - things are good with me!

Aspen: Almost 5 years old now! How does that happen? We're pretty active in Flyball these days and recently started agility. She love barn hunt so I try to work that in once in a while too. We do a ton of hiking as well.

Breeze: My crazy Border Collie pup just turned one a couple of weeks back! She's been everything I wanted in a sport dog. We're working on foundations for flyball and agility. She love disc and will be competing in Updog this month. I've also started dock diving with her and hoping to compete in that this summer. She also loves hiking :)

Me: I finished school last summer! Woohoo! I'm now working at a digital therapeutics company. I really love it but my commute is pretty awful so it won't be a forever job. We are putting an addition on our house this year as well, which is exciting.

How about you?!?! What's new? How are the kiddos? Lola? I want to hear it all! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
@LoveLola - Hi! Long time! (Slightly hurt I didn't get mentioned ;) )

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Hey @PoppyKenna!

Not too much here that's exciting! Breeze is a year old now! Time flies by haha
I've been enjoying flyball, dock diving, disc, and hiking with the pups. Work is pretty good.

How are things with you? Did you end up buying the house?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
@Aspen726 - No, no house purchase yet. I found one recently I really liked and was close to making a move on but she got a slightly higher offer and went with that one instead. Then I found out that a girl I went to high school with lives next door and I didn't want to live next to her anyway :D. So crisis averted! I'm still renting for now because I like my little house and we'll see where I end up in a year or so.

I'm plugging through grad school and should be ready for my practicum next summer if all goes well, which is exciting!

I'm also leaving next week to spend a couple of weeks with my friend in the Canadian Rockies and I am SO EXCITED. I absolutely cannot wait.

Otherwise...not much else has changed. Still working with Chisum on reactivity; Sophie's still a sweetheart. My brother did have a baby which is fun, but I'm not really interested in babies until they are a little older anyway as right now he just sleeps. :D

51961 - 51980 of 51983 Posts