Dog Forum banner

51941 - 51960 of 51983 Posts

Β·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Holy cow it's been a long time since I've popped on here. I'm surprised my account is still active. lol

Β·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Is the "Dogs" section broken? I cannot add my new dogs, let alone view any of the dogs. I can't even play the tennis ball game. :/

Β·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Bleh, I'm at work and really just want to go to bed. A person I sometimes dogsit for had a family emergency so I had to get up extra early to go take care of her pups. I do get to leave early today though....to go to the dentist. :/

Kentucky sounds fun!! Any fun plans while there?

Β·
Registered
3,299 Posts
@PoppyKenna, I hate the dentist! I hope the folks you dogsit for get things sorted out soon and that all goes well!

I'm in Kentucky visiting my boyfriend for three weeks. We don't have any big plans yet. We may go to Nashville while i'm down.
@pkelley, your house guests are looking as cute as always! The renovations to your place sound exciting!

Β·
Registered
1 Posts
New German Shepheard jumps the fence

A few days ago I adopted a male German sheapord, he’s 8 months old. He is very calm submissive most of the time and is learning the rules of the House extremely quickly, way faster than my husky did anyways. One problem is that when I’m away from him he barks/whines, and this stops eventually and it’s not a big deal and will minimize on its own. I think his previous owners weren’t around him much so now that he has a leader he is really worried when I leave, but the main issue is him jumping the fence. It’s a full night backyard fence, 7’ or however tall they are, and he uses the middle beam as a place to jump over. Both times he has done it he has been waiting on the other side of the fence for me to return home, or he’s gone to the front door and scratched to get our attention. What would you guys reccomend to keep him from getting out like this?

Β·
Registered
1,788 Posts
@Kiara1125 - I know some sections were having issues. Long time no see! What's new with you?
Eh, quite a bit, not much. Whatever you consider it. lol I'm in Rhode Island now with my husband and I'm a vet tech which was my career goal. We still have Max, but now we also have an 18 month old GSD who I do sports with and a 5 month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi who is attending his first conformation show soon.

Phantom is hopefully earning his RATO, CGCA, CGCU, and TKN+ titles this month!

Other than that, my health has been declining which is effecting my job. I need to go in for more testing and I'm getting TENS therapy done at least twice weekly, along with my doctor appointments on those days. Constantly in pain, no answers as of yet, doctors not taking me seriously... the usual. lol

Β·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Vacationing in St. Lucia this week. Been having a blast but itÂ’s heartbreaking to see starving and sick stray/feral dogs and cats, including some roadkill.

The dogs at the resort are a delight to watch and are regulars here. TheyÂ’re well fed (likely thanks to the American, Canadian, and European tourists) and itÂ’s a lot of fun to watch the behavior and social interactions of Γ‚β€œwild” dogs. TheyÂ’re certainly not pack animals but the dogs that are familiar with each other will greet, play, and scavenge/beg together before going their separate ways later on.

Also interesting to watch the humans interaction with dogs and cats. A lot of the other tourists will whistle or cluck to them, as if it were a species reflex to come to a whistle or a Γ‚β€œkitty, kitty, kitty” despite not being raised or trained by humans xD. They are generally ignored by the animals they are trying to call to.

Β·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I will be adopting a cat in five days! Almost had my mom convinced to let me get a greyhound due to a confusion during my trip to Kentucky. She thought I was trying to bring home one of the greyhounds I met and seemed kind of excited about it, haha. She said "maybe next year!" On the dog. But I still figure I will wait until my S/O and I get our own place.

Even so, my parents are letting me get a cat. I said "I'm lonely at night" downstairs in my room all alone, lol. Molly won't stay down there and is too old to get on the bed and my mom's cat won't stay down there either.

S/O was supposed to move up but his gram got diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. So we are both staying put for the time being.

Thus, I'm allowed to get a cat to cuddle me. I'm hoping to get a middle aged or older one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Β·
Registered
339 Posts
My husband got me a Dremel 8050 for our anniversary. I feel like only this forum would understand why that's exciting.

And...we are officially adding our second Australian Shepherd at the end of the month. :eek: It's been in the works for a while but I feel like we (as a family) are ready to take on another dog. Sophie and I are also signed up for agility lessons so ready or not, here we come.

Β·
Registered
339 Posts
I’m definitely excited!!! Time to puppy proof the house again. He’s a black tri male from a different breeder but Sophie’s sire came from this kennel. He’s got a darling temperament. Affectionate and easygoing. Less drivey than Sophie but still likes to play. He’s curious, cautious but not fearful. Didn’t startle when my phone alarm β€œaccidentally” went off. Took correction well from his siblings. I can’t wait to bring him home on the 21st! Here are some pictures I took at 6 weeks old!

Attachments

Β·
Registered
339 Posts
@jclark343 - I sure do! And I think I've managed to convert my husband, too! As for plans, more rally/obedience and maybe some therapy dog work if he seems right for it. I'd love to get at least one of my dogs into dock diving (I haven't quite lost hope for Sophie yet).

51941 - 51960 of 51983 Posts