Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51990 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
a complete...say anything, talk about anything...off topic thread....so if you have random stuff you want to talk about...how your day was...you name it...put it here.

Iam stuck at work...been crapped on by a water monitor...and dealt with a wierd guy from idaho already...oh and I accidently gave out my cell number and then started yelling at the kid when he called it because I thought it was a prank...:eek:

so whats up with you all today?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
This could get dangerous, lol

MY day consisted of fielding a bunch of phone calls from Canada. Everyone of them looking for concert tickets. Seems that some newspaper misprinted the phone number and the number they printed was my office. Other then that, My feet were on the desk most of the day. :)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the plan!

I was at a friends house one day and for som'reason hundreds or realtors began to call the house...ALL DAY...asking for her dead step father....its was very very bizzare....I personally would have not answered the phone...it was interesting watching her explain to hundreds or strangers they were asking for a dead guy.

You know how people put those stick family things representing their kids on their car windows...som' lady right now had that on her arm as a tattoo....stick kids. One of her kids wouldn't stop tapping me...wanted to backhand it.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah...like Owen Wilson.. Iam surprised that guy even still has a nose.

can you breathe ok?? LOL

never broken anything personally...knock on wood.

Reactions: santamaria

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I enjoy breathing thank you very much ;)

Uh, I was so bored today I didn't even get dressed lol! I live in the middle of nowhere so all my friends except one live miles away and she was working today :(

whats it like living in Ireland?...All I can imagine is snow and whatever isn't snow as bright green...

your lucky you live in the middle of nowhere...I'll trade you.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Hahahahah GREAT topic :)

Ok-on phone numbers-when we moved to edmonton our home number was printed in the yellow book and all the vending machines of some company-so whenever one broke we got all the bloody phone calls. FOR THREE YEARS-it took them that long to correct it :p

I was actually logging on to complain (that and to track down the tennis ball)

Today-we are mudding and sanding drywall. Mikey is hiding-he hates when we 'do things' like clean or renovate etc. Which sucks for him because we are gutting the house LOL
The plastic on the walls has totally offended his sensibilities-and to be honest mine too YUCK I hate drywall sanding!! I want a shower-but it's useless, because we've still got work to do. Tomorrow-Painting-which I like :)

Reactions: GardenPaws

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oooo painting is fun...I get to paint over the tagging on my fence...at least I will be happy about it.

why all the drywall? You adding on or changing som'thing?

our house is actually sooo old it doesn't have drywall...it som' plaster stuff. I forget what its called.

I tracked down the tennis ball and then forgot iam on the crappy computer that wont let me take it arrrg!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
LOL

Yup we were renting (buying here is ridiculously expensive-we still have a huge boom) but hated it. There was a dip in the market this spring, and we actually lucked out and bought at the exact right time-price and interest wise!! (Luck does not happen to me-so this was very exciting)-our house has gone up a ton since we bought it and so have interest rates.

It's a 78' model and was sort of redone but most has to be redone over. The wall is wallboard and sucks so we pulled down most of the walls and put up fresh drywall, finished some and now need to finish the rest. We have a TON of projects we're working on ;)

To give you an idea of what a ripoff it is to live here (Remember it's not nice or anything 40 below in the winter, you have to plug in your cars and use a block heater, car starters are not optional. Oh and in the summer, we don't have swimmable lakes either!!) A 1000 sq foot house that's about fifty years old goes for around three hundred thousand! Garbage really ;)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a map in the office here...Edmonton apears to be on a river? I could NOT deal with the cold and snow...I don't know how you do it.

We bought our house at the peak of the boom for about $290ish....its now worth about $100....we are stuck here until the market rebounds. We lucked out tremendously and got a nice house that had new carpet/paint fixture etc etc...built in the 50s...we are only the SECOND owners...pretty cool imo. Biggest lot on the street...which in Ca isn't saying much...about an 1/8 acre.

How much land do you have? Are they regular front/back yards like here or do you have acreage?

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Regular front back-It's a large lot though especially for the area (very packed for land value) and I love it. I have six gardens and plenty of room for Mikey, two sheds, and a firepit-I love firepits in the summer!!

I can't stand the snow-Every fall I'm like I don't think I can do this again!! Plan is once I'm done vet school (six years from now, as in two I'll be applying) move to BC (it's beautiful and much more mild) OR if the US goes with healh care that's paid for as they're talking about doing-Montana, Arizona, Texas something like that-I LOVE the heat!!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Az is awesome...thats where Iam going when the house sells.

what do you grow in your gardens? Iam an aspiring plant nerd.

people here are in a panic about the health care, I don't think it will happen. People are litterally freaking out over it.

I accidently hit the edit button on your post...sorry lol

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Same here-they are talking about going private in our province STUPID.

No worries ;)

I grow flowers out front where Mikey can't get them-just peonies, pansies, other stuff-just bought them in a greenhouse.

Outback I grow all bunny food-raspberries, strawberries, kale, marigolds, lettuce, carrots etc.

I have fallen in love wtih clamntis-we have a wire fence on one side of the yard so I put five along that to climb it and fill it in-they come in so many varieties and have gorg. flowers :)

I definitely have a black thumb though ;) Anything that grows is pure luck! Sad my mom is, and her mom was, a fantastic gardener!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can grow flowers but veggies I kill...constantly...until....

dun dun dun da~ Earthboxes!

Homemade Self-Contained Gardening Systems

I grew my first cucumbers and squash in these...they were HUGE...I couldn't even keep the plants alive before.... you can use them for anything..flowers or veggies...even certain trees...theres NO care... just fill it every week with water.

Strawberries are a HUGE crop in Ca..perfect weather for them...they grow willy nilly in my yard.

does Mikey trample stuff? I've been lucky with the dogs...its the chickens that are plant killers.

Reactions: sullyrules

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
NICE!! I have to check those out! I even kill cacti :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
I enjoy breathing thank you very much ;)

whats it like living in Ireland?...All I can imagine is snow and whatever isn't snow as bright green...

your lucky you live in the middle of nowhere...I'll trade you.
Hehe actually we get little to no snow :p

The years we get snow it's usually just slushy stuff, very rarely even enough to make a snowman or anything.

Ireland has bad weather, it rains alot. It is green but I don't know if where you live is as green or what really is the difference between the US and here because I've never been outside Ireland lol!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehe actually we get little to no snow :p

The years we get snow it's usually just slushy stuff, very rarely even enough to make a snowman or anything.

Ireland has bad weather, it rains alot. It is green but I don't know if where you live is as green or what really is the difference between the US and here because I've never been outside Ireland lol!

sounds pretty!

Iam in the the southwest so our landscape looks like this..

well at least it does on a good day :p It only snows in the mountains. :)

1 - 20 of 51990 Posts