Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... another lesson learned.

I thought it would be fun to let my dog have a little room to play in the yard. The ground is frozen, so I can't put up a fence yet so I picked up a 40 foot dog lead. It is a rubber-coated cable with a spring at the end to absorb some shock if the dog pulls too hard.

I hooked it up and walked him around the perimeter at the end of the cable. This marked the perimeter with footprints in the snow. When I turned to walk back and mark the line better, I got a little hung up in the snow and dropped the cable. The dog took off at full speed because it had seen a small dog across the street that he wanted to play with.

I called to him to stop, but he went, full speed and hit the end of the cable. He hit so hard it broke the loop off of his choke chain!!! He let out a yelp and came running back to me when I called him again.

He appears to be OK, but it was really scary! We went for a walk and he has been resting comfortably since we returned. I have massaged his neck and he does not seem to have any sensitive spots, so I don't think he is injured.

That cable is going in the trash, though!
-Mike-

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh my! Im glad your dog is ok and that he came back!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.