Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BrutusPortblog.jpg Here is my latest finished Labrador Retriever painting. This is a portrait of one of my own dogs, now across the bridge. I painted it for my husband's birthday. Brutus, aka Mr. Big, was a bigger than life character, full of himself and quite the comedian. He gave me a hard time in the beginning of this painting, just like he did in real life :ponder:, but in the end he cooperated as he always did once he was done making us laugh. The reference photo for this picture was taken when I found he had stolen one of my pumpkins decorating the front steps and was lying in the yard with it between his front legs enjoying a leisurely "snack" - 1/3 of the pumpkin by the time I caught him. Brutus had over 20 nicknames and knew them all. Mr. Big really fit him. You can see he had a distinctive cowlick - a ridge of hair that stands up running from eye to eye. When the ridge goes up the muzzle it's called a zipper. To see more example of my Labrador portraits and paintings please visit http://www.OtterTailArt.com.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
WOW That's good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts