Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware I'm probably overreacting, but I pay very close attention to my dog and within the last 2 weeks I've found 8 of his whiskers around the house. I know they shed from time to time just like hair but that seems like a lot. And I'm sure there's others I haven't seen. His hair seems to be falling out worse than it was even in the summer. He eats a grain free high protein diet, gets a bath every two weeks, and gets brushed every other day. Not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm aware I'm probably overreacting, but I pay very close attention to my dog and within the last 2 weeks I've found 8 of his whiskers around the house. I know they shed from time to time just like hair but that seems like a lot. And I'm sure there's others I haven't seen. His hair seems to be falling out worse than it was even in the summer. He eats a grain free high protein diet, gets a bath every two weeks, and gets brushed every other day. Not sure what else to do.
If your dog is losing hair and whiskers I would take them to the vet (it's not an emergency) but only they can tell you the underlying cause.

What Happens When a Dog's Whisker Comes Out? | Dog Care - The Daily Puppy
Can Dogs Lose Their Whiskers? - Pets

1 - 2 of 2 Posts