Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have set up an appointment for my dog to go to the vet but am hoping to get some information sooner from someone who knows what this might be.

I haven't noticed anything prior to this, but coming home from work I got my normal excited welcome home greeting from my dog, but upon petting her I felt a wet tough patch on the side of her neck. It had a smell to it and didn't seem to be bleeding, but I could tell that there was definitely an open wound on her skin in the area.

I found some weird discharge fluid on the tile in my bathroom area and am thinking that she had an abscess burst while we we're at work.

That is just my guess upon doing some googling but if anyone has an idea of what this might be I would appreciate any input. Her vet appointment is a few days out and I am anxious to get information on this to help my baby get healed up.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
That visit to the Vet is certainly indicated. Would be nothing more than guesswork for any of us to try to diagnose online, but please let us know what your Vet says after the exam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts