Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seriously had people come up and ask me if they are from the same litter before, if you look at them in the video you will see that they are completely different, lol. I just think it's funny and I wonder if they are being serious sometimes.

Dalmatian and GSP Puppy Tug of War

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have seen people with two pups that look completely different, and they are from the same litter, so I can see where they are coming from.
One looked like an aussie mix, the other a lab mix--would not have thought they were litter mates!

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Actually it's entirely possible that puppies from the same litter were sired by two different fathers, so they actually could be different mixes :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, litter mates can be different - the litter my Lady came from is an example. All of her siblings were solid black from nose to tail. Lady has white feet with brown spots, brindle legs and face, black back, white chest, white tip on her black tail.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Yeah, I can't understand why our two completely biologically unrelated dogs would invite the question "Are they siblings"... their markings are so DIFFERENT, one is short and the other one's ears stand up, I don't get it! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Actually it's entirely possible that puppies from the same litter were sired by two different fathers, so they actually could be different mixes :)
Yep,when I got my Malamute mix when I was a kid I had to assume her Mom a purebred Alaskan Malamute mated with two males in a short amount of time.
My dog looked like a Malamute/gsd/chow mix,though I`m guessing she had no chow. Another looked like a mostly German Shepherd mix, Another like a border collie(black and white) colored Malamute mix. Another looked like a black lab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts