Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so still trying to figure out how everything works with posting pictures and such. But anyways, I had Finnley (8 month old Australian Shepherd x Brittany) neutered on Saturday. It's now Tuesday night and everything was going great until this morning. Went to get him out of his crate this morning and he didn't want to come out which is not normal for him. But I closed the crate up and went to get my daughter up, came back and tried again, he reluctantly came out and went out to potty. I went to give him breakfast only to come back in the room and find him curled up in his crate again. An hour later he was ready to come out and eat and potty and then he tried to start our favorite game of rough housing which I had to deny him off. Instead I offered some belly rubs so I could check his incision. It doesn't look right in my opinion. It looks slightly separated? And dry other than one small spot where there seems to be some seeping. Also, the skin looks dark? I mean...he was ALL covered in hair there, so I'm not sure what the skins natural color was prior to surgery, but he's a white and orange boy, so I don't think his skin should be dark? Also, the skin on his entire scrotum is dry and flaky? He's been eating and drinking and going potty just fine today. He just seems lethargic mostly. But part of me is wondering if it's depression over the cone of shame. He seems to perk up when I take it off, but once it's on he kind of just lays around or sleeps. But keeping it on is a must because he has been trying his hardest to get at his wound. Any insight?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts