Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've tried now 3 over the counter worm medicines and my dog still has worms. I cant really afford a Vet visit, so does anyone have any tips on getting rid of them?

Hes a 50lb pit/boxer mix 7 months old. Hes huge!

·
Registered
434 Posts
You probably could have seen a vet for not much more money than these three over the counter meds that have not worked. There are certain things with our pets that we should never attempt to go the "cheap" route and worms are one of them. Find an ASPCA or similar organization in your area that charges on a sliding scale or a mobile pet hospital in your area that is about the least expensive vet one can find. If you don't take care of this now, the amount of money you may end up spending on getting this taken care of could be quite high indeed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
there are several kinds of worms dogs can get... not all are treated with the same medications. How do you know your pet has worms? Have you seen them? What do they look like? Tape worms for example need to be treated with a different medication than do most other worms (Roundworms and Hookworms) and treating for these worms 10x will not get rid of tapeworms.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Clearly, the OTC meds aren't working, so I think you have no choice but to go to the vet for a fecal to find out what you need to be worming for, if at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts