Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my female golden retriever has been on clavamox for the past 2 weeks due to a suspected UTI. Yesterday morning she started peeing quit a bit of blood and then yesterday afternoon she peed out ( I think ) what looks to be some sort of worm or parasite??? And about 3 blood clots. I called the vet and have an appointment for tomorrow morning she told me to keep the worm but now the worms pretty much just turning to blood in the bag. Has anyone seen this sort of thing before? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have never heard of dogs weeing a worm, so I googled it!
The attachment is my first result but I am going to look for some more.

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Hi guys, my female golden retriever has been on clavamox for the past 2 weeks due to a suspected UTI. Yesterday morning she started peeing quit a bit of blood and then yesterday afternoon she peed out ( I think ) what looks to be some sort of worm or parasite??? And about 3 blood clots. I called the vet and have an appointment for tomorrow morning she told me to keep the worm but now the worms pretty much just turning to blood in the bag. Has anyone seen this sort of thing before? Thanks for the help.
As a kid our Collie dog we got from the local humane society came with heartworms, we adopted him anyway. He was only 1 year old I think when we adopted him. We took him to the vet and were able to get rid of the hearworms. The dog lived with us for 12 long great years :)

so I would say not to be too worried about any worms parasites as long as you get the dog treated by a good vet. With treatment I am sure the vet can get your dog healthy again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts