Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when we went out to the back yard, Jasmine did some chasing then ran straight over to some brush in the back of the yard. I went over to see what it was, and she had cornered a largish bird (it could have been a large robin). It was trying to back into the brush around the fence, and she was batting it with her paw like she does when she plays with cats and smaller dogs. It was like she was telling it to run/fly off again so she could chase it, there was absolutely no intent in her to hurt it. I moved her away and the bird flew off. She also play bows before she chases the groundhog that steals my strawberries.
I hope that she never has to survive in the wild!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I was walking my dogs off leash and somebody had put their cattle out in a field next to the trail. Kris, stopped and looked at them and gave a little woof and stared at them. One of them turned and took two steps towards us and my big brave Doberman ran for her life.

She will bark at the deer and bears that come around when we are home but had never seen a cow before.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
lol, yesterday there was a fly on one of Tessa's toys. She went over to it, sniffed it, gave it a little lick (honestly I was amazed it didn't get sucked into her mouth), and laid down beside it until it flew off and she gave chase. She literally wouldn't hurt a fly.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Many years ago a rat got into my house, Shadow and Jersey smelled it and were going crazy trying to find it, and my cat Pirate was just calmly looking on. I finally managed to get it cornered with a tote, large piece of furniture and a box, Pirate hopped up on the tote and sat watching it, not moving a prissy little paw towards it, not getting down in an attack crouch, just watched it. The dogs finally came and Jersey grabbed it, so I opened the door to the back yard and let her out. I think Pirate was missing every last hunting gene available to cats.

Around a year ago Zody, met up with the world's worst prey in the form of a squirrel. Lucky for Mr Squirrel, Zody failed hunting school. Zody got within 5 ft of the squirrel not paying it any attention even though it was sitting in the middle of the driveway, Mr Squirrel calmly sat eating the seeds he had found not making any move to head for a tree. It was only once the squirrel decided that Zody was a bit to close and ran for the tree that Zody gave chase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.