Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are opening this sticky for active members* to post announcements for upcoming seminars, workshops, webinars, or conferences in training and behavior.

Please list key speaker/trainers, dates, location(s), topics, etc. to the best of your abilities. If there are multiple locations/dates/topics (such as a "tour"), you can be specific or just list the trainer and the link to the events.

We hope you find the list helpful! If you are attending or have attended a workshop and have feedback/tips, please see this sticky.

*Only active members (25+ posts) may post. Other posts will be treated as advertising/spam per moderators' discretion.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
two seminars at Penn Vet, Philadelphia, PA

Do you have the technical skills to quickly and successfully train your reactive, hyperactive, or fearful/aggressive dog?
Class Dates: Sunday, April 27th, 2014
Class Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Cost: $175 for working slot (only 6); $75 general public; $50 PennVet students (according to web site, working spots are full)
Class Size: Max 50
Instructor: Dr. Sophia Yin

DOGS AND WHAT THEY CAN DO
Class Dates: Saturday March 8, 2014
Class Time: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Cost: $50 general admission; $25 PennVet students
Class Size: Max 120
Instructor: Professor Daniel Mills

·
Banned
6,595 Posts
two seminars at Penn Vet, Philadelphia, PA

Do you have the technical skills to quickly and successfully train your reactive, hyperactive, or fearful/aggressive dog?
Class Dates: Sunday, April 27th, 2014
Class Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Cost: $175 for working slot (only 6); $75 general public; $50 PennVet students (according to web site, working spots are full)
Class Size: Max 50
Instructor: Dr. Sophia Yin
If anyone is going to this, I would LOVE if they taped it or brought back notes.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clicker Expo is coming to Portland, Oregon! :D :D I don't have the dates or location yet because my dang web browser won't let me open the registration pages. If anyone else can access, please let me know!

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
Clicker Expo is going to be in Dearborn Michigan, March 20-22, 2015 (I'm hoping to go), and also in the UK October 2014 (first time outside the US I believe)! :)

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, heads up, CAAB is doing a free monthly webinar that is open to the public. If you miss one, you can buy it recorded. :)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
For anybody located in So Cal, there is a FREE talk by Linda Michaels on How and Win to Train Your Dog, tomorrow, at the Hotel Indigo Del Mar in Del Mar, CA. She is one of Victoria Stillwell's students, so it will absolutely be all PR and Force Free. Her talk is at 2, and it looks like this is a part of a monthly meeting that lasts from 7am to 2pm.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Clicker Expo is going to be in Dearborn Michigan, March 20-22, 2015 :)
I got an email about this today. I would like to go for the Foundation seminars. Does anyone know if that's possible even if you don't currently have a dog?

·
Registered
669 Posts
The 2014 SPARCS Conference is this weekend =D. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's livestreamed, I'm planning on tuning in as often as I can.
Live Stream - SPARCS

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I hope you go @Kwenami! Sophia Yin is amazing and I loved the seminar I attended.
@Tickle, you don't have to have a dog to attend most dog seminars. In fact most ask people not to bring dogs unless they sign up, in advance, for a workshop. If you get a chance to go to any of the ClickerExpo events, I hope you do it. I'd love to attend one if it's ever held somewhere reasonably close to me.

·
Banned
6,595 Posts
@Grabby I plan to, even if it means digging out of my savings and booking time off a job I don't have yet.

Also, @Tickle, this seminar is dog free, as are most. I think there's place for 2-3 dogs to be worked with, but she hand chooses them beforehand. There's also a lot of people interested for fosters/rescues in the future, so don't feel like you can't come!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts