Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing this at 3:30 am for a reason...

My dog is two years old, and we've had her for a year and a half. Until now, she's been pretty good at sleeping through the night. Now, she'll start in the bed with us, and then about once an hour jump down to her bed on the floor and sleep there or crawl under the bed. Usually if she's under the bed it's because of a storm and she's shaking. No shaking in this case.

It started last week. I recently left my full time job to freelance, which means I'm home for much of the day, when she used to be crated. I understand it's a change in schedule, but if anything this means she gets walked more than she used to and even more attention.

Has anyone experience this? What can I do? I'm going crazy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and just to clarify: She has some anxiety issues (from pre-adoption). She's a very well behaved pup until you leave her alone for more than an hour, which is why she still spends time in her crate during part of the day. She likes being in there, through gets very little crate time now that I'm home (I do leave the door open for her though and she will occasionally go lay down in it during the day).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dexter moves around a lot at night because he's trying to find a good temperature. Maybe your dog is hot/cold. Dexter will want to snuggle but get to hot. I leave a fan on low on the floor angled so they can lay in it or escape the breeze easily.
Or hungry/thirsty? Amo demands water every night. It's not a good thing but that's why he wont sleep through the night. Strangely enough sometimes he's restless at 3am because he fell asleep without eating and he's hungry (they're free fed)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts