Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I got a new puppy from a rescue shelter. He was listed as a black lab. He is 3 months and 15 lbs, which does not seem that uncommon for a lab. However, he has grey color on his chest, somewhat like a patch. He also has very long legs, and howls. I have always thought labs did not howl and were more stubby. His ears however are nothing like a hounds. I had a few friends say they think he may be mix with a blue tick **** hound because of the grey. Just looking for some other opinions or if anyone has had a similar dog. He is so loving, and potty training is going well, so I would not trade him for the would. Simply just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would guess hound/lab. I've seen a lot of them with that grizzled/ticked patch on their chest. It tends to be a nice mix in my experience. :)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I too lazy to convert lbs in kg...but it could be a labxPit mix. :)
beautiful eyes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
All dogs can howl and howling can be more common in young dogs. If he has a "baying" howl though, that's a definite indication of hound influence. He could be Lab with hound and Pit. I'd say he's definitely got some bully breed in him and possibly Lab and hound. He might just be bully breed and hound really. Many rescues label any black dog a Lab mix.

Reactions: mathilda
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.