Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4yr. old male Papillon. I've never noticed it before, until a couple days ago and I'm not sure if it's new or been like that this whole time, but his mouth does not close all the way. His front teeth are always showing. His bottom jaw, it seems like, is kind of just not closing all the way to the front. It doesn't seem to bother him when I close it, but then when I let his mouth go, it goes right back to where it was.
Is this normal for a Papillon? Is there something wrong with his mouth?

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Hard to tell based on your description what exactly is going on. Can you post a picture?

I'd probably bring him to the vet to make sure he's not having a nerve or muscle issue on his face.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Sounds like he may have a mal-formed bite, like an underbite. If this is the case, its just genetic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I brought him to the vet and asked them and they said they didn't notice anything, so I'm wondering if it only happens occasionally?
I'll try to get a picture posted. Puppy doesn't like a camera so close to his face; he's a wuss :)
But I'm thinking, Tess, that you may be right. I'm thinking an under or over bite. I probably just never noticed before.
Thanks, girls!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts