Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It won't be long until the winter weather is here...how many of you dress your pups in sweaters and jackets in the winter?

Xander has a really short coat so he normally has to have a jacket for his walks and stuff but Neco is a Husky so he doesn't have to wear a thing...Wintertime is his favorite time of year.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Bought one for Mikey-he has no undercoat, and I doubt he'll grow one but I guess we'll see :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea when its cold and wet out Xander always ends up getting his underside all wet then he simply just shivers so a coat is a must for him at times, but he just loves to play in the snow although that's awhile off.

This will be my first winter with Neco so I can't wait to see how reacts to everything.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We got Neco, a Siberian Husky back in April. He's about a year old and orignally came to us on a foster/trial basis but he's here to stay now. Pictures are pending once I can finally find the card reader for my digital camera. :lolsign:

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
We got Neco, a Siberian Husky back in April. He's about a year old and orignally came to us on a foster/trial basis but he's here to stay now. Pictures are pending once I can finally find the card reader for my digital camera. :lolsign:
lol So no coat needed for Neco!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Nope Neco will do just fine without a coat and with the stage he's in right now he'd probably just tear it up...hehe. I call him my own personal Marley...Although I think he'd look quite handsome with a nice new collar set...

·
Registered
620 Posts
I had a fleece coat for my purebred Sheltie, Scotty. He had no undercoat on his back or sides. Now with his new meds, he's starting to get a little undercoat on his back. Sides are still VERY thin. I'll play it by ear. If it's really cold, I'll probably put it on him.

Rascal, my Sheltie/Pom mix, has hair out the wazoo! But he acts like he gets cold and wants to sit in my lap when he comes in . Now bear in mind that it's been no colder than 50 since we got him. :)

The incoming Sheltie, Tigger, has more hair than Carter has liver pills so it's doubtful that she'll need one.

But if they do, Mama will pull it out of inventory and fix 'em up. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
We put sweaters on the chi's and I am considering one for Glacier (easier than applying sunblock!)
What size sweater do they wear pawz? I've never bought clothes for dogs so I'm not sure what the min pin will fit in. She was the runt of the litter so she looks more like a chi then a pin.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Animal Lover, what size your dog will take will mainly depend on what brand of clothes you decide to get. One manufacturer's XL will only fit up to 40lbs where another's will fit up to 80lbs. My suggestion would be to look around online to see what styles interest you, a good shop will include specific sizing charts for that particular item.

My guess for a Min Pin would most likely be a size small but its always better to check the sizing charts and if your pup is inbetween go with the larger of the two sizes.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
What size sweater do they wear pawz? I've never bought clothes for dogs so I'm not sure what the min pin will fit in. She was the runt of the litter so she looks more like a chi then a pin.
One of our chi's has to wear Xsmall cuz she is super thin and the other can fit in an xsmall but is kind of between that and a small. We always try them on at the store, do you have a pic? how much does she weigh?

·
Registered
238 Posts
ah pics are coming, my camara recently broke so I'll need to borrow my parents first. I'll be going to the pet store tomorrow to find out how much she weighs, I gots no clue ATM. also is it normal for her to shake constantly unless she's under a blanket, I'm starting the think I'm crazy or she's cold ALL the time.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
ah pics are coming, my camara recently broke so I'll need to borrow my parents first. I'll be going to the pet store tomorrow to find out how much she weighs, I gots no clue ATM. also is it normal for her to shake constantly unless she's under a blanket, I'm starting the think I'm crazy or she's cold ALL the time.
If you are going to a dog store tomorrow you can just try them on there :) Thats what we did to figure out the sizes

·
Registered
620 Posts
Measure your dog from the back of the neck (where the collar is) to where the tail begins for the length. Then measure around the chest right behind the front legs for the girth.

That will help you to buy online if you choose to do so. All manufacturers have different sizing just like people clothing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks guys, went to the petstore today and she fits in a small. She's bigger than I thought I guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts