Dog Forum banner

Will Supplements help my puppy??

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Markie 
#1 ·
I have a 10 week old toy poodle, I feel like his fur is very thin, I understand this is his puppy coat. But I´m just worried because I can see his skin through his coat, and when I look at other toy poodles his age, they are much fluffier than him. I am considering starting to give him skin and coat supplements, to see if this helps. Does anyone have any other advice??? Or dealt with this problem before??? :confused::confused::confused:

In the first picture you can see the thin area, around his chest and front legs. I uploaded the second, because his legs look very long in the first but they are not. Is this a normal size for a 10 week old toy poodle?? I feel like he is also very small.

Dog Canidae Mammal Maltepoo Dog breed

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Maltepoo Dog breed

See less See more
#2 ·
From the photos, his coat doesn't look super thin to me. What does your vet say? He's very young and will change a lot over the next few months.

What are you feeding him? Diet itself can have a huge impact on our dogs skin, coat, teeth, energy level.

I would speak to my vet before starting him on a supplement at that age but when you are ready to add a supplement into his diet, I use this one: https://www.herbsmithinc.com/product/glimmer/

I like it a lot! I like the company a lot, really. I also use their Sound Dog Viscosity and Microflora on my dog.

Again, I would definitely chat with my vet about my concerns and look at his diet before I added a supplement in.

#3 ·
Ditto @Aspen726
Talk to your vet about supplements first.

Honestly your puppy looks pretty normal based on that photo.
Once getting full grooms from a pro, your puppy will probably look more like what you are envisioning.

As for size, how much does your puppy weigh? As a toy poodle puppy he really should pretty tiny. They weigh what? Only 5-10 lbs as adults?
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.