Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is recent behaviour... any suggestions why she`s behaving like this and how to cure it?

It`s kind of hard to hand-feed a 32kg dog twice a day... maybe if I was unemployed or had bigger hands.. :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
My cousins had the exact same problem a while back, the dog would not eat out of his food bowl if he was stressed. Has your dog shown any other signs of stress?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think you need to have a vet do a work up to rule out any physical issues.

How old is the dog? How long has he been eating his current food? Has anything changed in his schedule/diet that could be causing stress/allergies? Does he eat treats or only meat? Does he ever get table scraps or hand fed tidbits of human food?

·
Registered
189 Posts
This happened to my 10 month old puppy. But in our case, I relized he just got tired of the food. I switched from Chicken to Salmon of the same brand, and he ate like a champ again!

Didn't know dogs could just get 'bored' with a certain food. I'm glad I made the switch to salmon anyways...no more stinky farts.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Went through this with Samantha when she was sick and had a poor to no appetite. To keep her weight loss under control, we hand fed her what ever she would eat, mostly grass fed beef, and roasted chicken. When she got well, it was hell to break her of her habit of only eating what she wanted, and being hand fed. What we do for our beloved dogs!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it was just different type of food she didnt like. I went back to what she`s always been eating and now things seem normal... she`s picky... :D

thanks for replies everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.