Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for my sister!
I am a 15 years old girl. I fear I will never see my sister. She is a beautiful chocolate Labrador, who I’ve loved so much ever since the first time I saw her at just seven weeks old. We’ve been inseparable for the past seven years. We went everywhere together and we did everything together; she was my partner-in-crime, the love of my life.
We used to live in Scotland but suddenly had to move to Oman because of my dad’s job. Despite the grueling and complicated processes, we brought my dog with us -but not before several months of yearning and the anticipation of seeing her again. The moment we reunited, it was everything. It was amazing, better than the feeling of waking up on Christmas morning.
We moved around many times to provide my dog the best environment possible. Currently we live in a university campus (which is also near the seaside!) where there is plenty of space and grassy areas for my dog to play and walk around with us. We lived here peacefully for three years, until the people living across from us left and some new neighbours moved in. Unfortunately they hated our dog and constantly complained to the campus security how our dog was a “threat to [their] children”, a “potential carnivorous predator who would gobble up the family in seconds”. I can assure you that my dog is the gentlest creature ever who also likes to eat grapes and is scared of spiders. The continuous barrage of insults and serious threats to our dog messed with our minds until the verge of breakdown. We then decided to send our dog back to Scotland to stay with a family friend. He promised us we could come and visit our dog any time. He promised us he would take good care of our dog for us. Despite the fact that we could fly over to Scotland ANY TIME to my sister. That was the reason that we sent my sister to Scotland with happiness. We told her, if she lives there, we will visit her soon, and I am sure that she still remember this and is waiting for us. We told her this many times and she seemed to understand.
My mother cried every single day missing her too much since my dog left, and had numerous sleepless nights. She became stuck in a very dark place, an ugly rut of depression. She worked herself so much, uselessly trying to forget her but it didn’t work.
I was so excited. After 8 months, we planned to travel to the Scotland during to see our dog! We emailed him asking about our dog but we were all shocked by the hostile reply we received back. He told us we could “never see her again” and if we missed her that much, then we “could just simply buy another similar-looking dog”. So in other words, it would be correct for my mother to adopt a child when she misses me while I’m at university? I couldn’t believe what I was reading. It confused me so much; first of all because of its ridiculous content, and secondly because of the dramatic change in attitude and character of our friend. I felt scared and worried for my dog.
Do I really trust my baby into the hands of this person? Now that the problematic neighbours have left, my family has decided to bring our dog back to Oman again. But what to do when he acts this way? He has cut off all contact with us now as well. I have no idea what to do, hence the reason why I have turned to all of you out there.
The empty space in all my family’s hearts is too large.
Please help us to recover our missing family member.
Please help me. Will I never get to live with my dog again?
Please help me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but have you contacted the American Embassy (if you are American.) If you aren't, contact the Embassy of the contry you are from if there is one there. They can help.Hope you have good news soon.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Contact the local police where the dog is suppose to be...send copies of emails to and from that person (if you still have them)...talking about sending your dog to them for a while...and any airline stubs, ect...that show money you've spent to get the dog there. It might be, you'll have to sue to get your dog back.. I assume Scottish courts have some kind of litigation system that will allow for that.

Maybe even the threat of going that far will be enough to make the man let go of your dog and give her back to you.

Also, in reading the note...

QUOTE: We then decided to send our dog back to Scotland to stay with a family friend. He promised us we could come and visit our dog any time. He promised us he would take good care of our dog for us

To me, that sounds like someone who might be thinking you had given him the dog. I hope in what ever communications you had with him, that they were recorded somehow....as he might have been under the impression you gave him the dog...to keep...not just to take care of until you claimed her again.

I hope you get your dog back.

Stormy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts