Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently adopted a Pomeranian Chiuhuhua mix. I love that he's a Pomeranian but not so much that he's a Chihuahua. Currently we are socializing him as much as possible. So far he seems good with kids. He let's them pet him and pick him up. He doesn't resist. Nor does he bite. My question is, will he be like this as he becomes an adult? He's only 9 weeks old.

Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't really understand the part where you say you like the Pom in him but not the chihuahua... seems like a weird statement.

Anyway, I would recommend you read up on properly socializing a puppy and also enroll him in puppy socialization class (look for positive reinforcement based classes) You can definitely raise a puppy that's good with kids. Along with raising and teaching a puppy to be good with kids, you're also going to need to teach the kids on how to be good with the puppy. Most kids manhandle pets and that leads to scared and not friendly dogs. Make sure when the kids pick him up that they are supporting the pup and not squeezing or hurting him. Also make sure the pup isn't showing signs of discomfort.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
you're also going to need to teach the kids on how to be good with the puppy. Most kids manhandle pets and that leads to scared and not friendly dogs.
I agree.
Some people have a negative feeling about chihuahuas, saying they are snappy. But any tiny critter that is mishandled is going to defend itself. With careful monitoring of dog and children, good training, and good socialization you will have a great dog.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a full Pom and a full Chi, love em both. But keep socializing the lil darling and hopefully it will make for a friendly adult dog. Be warmed though it may not. These 2 breeds have tendencies to be nervous and kinda yappy and so forth.

Got a pic of the sweetie?

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 6 Plus via TapaTalk. ❤

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.