Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
"sometimes you don't get the dog you want, you get the dog you need".
Pretty much!
Callie has allergies and is at the vets every month or so, did I want that? No, course not but she's exactly what I needed at the time. We had just been robbed so my anxiety was at an all time high and I was terrified of leaving the house. She got me through that, I had to leave the house and take her out and do all these things to make sure she was happy and in turn, that made me happy.
Pip was next, she keeps me on my toes. She's this fun little adventurous pup who helped Callie see that the world isn't so scary and would always greet a dog first and essentially distract them from Callie - granted, she's not exactly what I needed but she helped Callie and that helped me.
And Grem. My darling boy. He's the one who keeps me grounded. He's so relaxed and just happy to.. to be. To exist. He helps me slow down a little, or a lot compared to how fast paced my life was with the two spit-fires Callie and Pip.

I can understand when people ask "why would you want a dog like that" in relation to Callies allergies or Grems DA issues but honestly most of the time they ask that about Callie and Pips energy levels. I have two very high energy dogs and honestly, I adore them for it! When Grem came along I had no idea what to do with his low energy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.