Dog Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
There's just so much.. "...whaaaa?" in that article!

Many dogs are so far removed from their natural behavior that they do not know how to get along with other dogs.
Socialization.
Oh wait, no! It's cruel because we are then only introducing it to other deformed pets on OUR terms rather than the dogs terms!

Sometimes dogs less resilient to this mistreatment acquire mental problems that are referred to as “separation anxiety”, but owners brush it off as acceptable
Yep! Owners brush that one off all the time - there are literally no topics here about how to treat that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sorry,but if my dogs weren't a part of my family,they'd be running through the street,maybe sick,no food or shelter,no home to go to,maybe scared,fighting for what they need.Theyre living the high life here.They get vaccinated,regular vet checks,food cookies,treats,playtime,walks,and lots of love.Where would you rather live?

·
Registered
470 Posts
My dog is so neglected. He eats high quality food, sleeps on my sofa all day, and gets lots of activity. He shows his displeasure by wagging happily every time I see him and by getting excited by our activities.

I know, I am sooo cruel.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A load of emotive, ill-advised b*******. I admit to not reading every word cos I was getting wound up.

Dogs and people is a co-dependent relationship.

I will go miles to get my dog's food. Saves him having to hunt miles for a field mouse.

I traumatise my vacuum cleaner every week picking up three dogs' worth of hairs ( when I thought I only had one) .

I sleep on one third of a double bed, cos the dog has the rest, instead of having to scrape a hole in the snow/ shelter under a bush.

I struggle through wind, hail, snow and rain, cos my dog wants to go for a walk. Now.

I bought a car for my dog. My car is a two-seater. It has four seats but two are permanently folded up so the dog can have lots of room.

I bought a house for my dog. I saw lots that would have been OK for me, but not for him.

I spend more on treats, insurance, vaccinations, toys and vet visits every year than I would on a holiday abroad, which I couldn't have anyway cos I have a dog.

My dog helps choose my friends; I don't have any who don't like dogs/my dog.

Without me, and people like me who are pet dog owners, all dogs other than working dogs would be extinct, cos there would be no reason to keep or breed them ( except zoos?).

I see now that I am a typical, selfish dog-owner.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just cooled down and went back to read the rest of the article; still b*******.....this person has wasted her breath/print with such an incoherent and disjointed article.......are we comparing bearded dragons and monkeys with dogs, as pets?

Whatever point she was trying to make, she's wasted the opportunity by trying to be controversial.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Check check check. That is what I read here. My house is near utopia. I get abandoned dogs from kill shelters and keep lots of them so they are with their own kind. I make sure they are ok with other kinds by keeping humans and different species around them. I keep kids out of their poo areas. I get exotic pets to make them feel a little bit like they are in the wild so they have no reason to run away. My exotics get real live food cause it makes me happy when they are happy. Then they are less likely to bite me.

I keep them out of crates most of time by working at home cause I do not like my cubicle cage. I will need to work a little here but I fear my puppy may try to become happy by eating my cat the few hours a week I am away if I do not crate him. This is why it is not total utopia.

I also consider do dogs have happiness threshhold for being with own kind? I have 3. Should I get more? If they all smell funny is that ok? Mine are all fixed cause well the shelters make me. My exotics do not smell funny though. I let them breed to their hearts content so that I can frag their babies to new aquarium worlds instead of people pulling them from the oceans.

Think that covers it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts