Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our thirteen year old shih tsu HATES our bedroom. She used to sleep on the bed with us all night, but since we moved to a new house, she jumps off the bed as soon as we set her on it, starts panting frantically, whining, and scratching at the door to get out. During the day, though, she doesn't seem to mind the room at all. It wouldn't be a big deal to let her roam the house at night, but she usually starts scratching at the door to my roommate's room. What's so bad about our room?

·
Registered
115 Posts
It may be due to the room smells funny or different to the dog, or maybe he feels confined, but I'm no expert on this because my dog usually goes out in the yard in the morning and sleeps in the living room at night :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ditto ghost. ;)

Do you close the window at night in there? Was the room recently painted or carpeted? Both of these might smell offensive to her.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
perhaps she just doesn't like to sleep in the bedroom 'cause it is stuffy, now that it is winter we're in the heating-period.
Shih Tzus have a lot of fur after all...perhaps it's too warm for her.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Give her time to acclimate. Having just moved into a different house everything is new a different, and needs to be explored and tested. You didn't say how long ago you moved, so she may still need more time to adjust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts