Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 25 lb poodle mix. Since I got him at 9 mo he has walked on a diagonal. He looks like he is prancing. No pain, he can run fine. He. Is 2 1/2 yo now.

This is a picture from when I got him. He was really skinny and the groomer had to shave off matted hair. But, it gives a good view of his legs. I am including a recent pic so you can see how he has gained

He. Has been to vets and groomers. No one has mentioned anything. We were walking today and my daughter asked why he walks that way. I have noticed it, but never asked.

I can ask my vet.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think your dog might have luxating patella. My senior dog (also a poodle mix) has a mild form of it. Her legs are straight, but we notice it when she suddenly seems to miss a step, or looks like she stumbled a bit. She also walks a little sideways but her legs are not as bowed as the legs of your dog seem to be.
Our vet told us it is nothing to worry about as long as she is able to pop her patella back into place when it pops out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your dog might have luxating patella. My senior dog (also a poodle mix) has a mild form of it. Her legs are straight, but we notice it when she suddenly seems to miss a step, or looks like she stumbled a bit. She also walks a little sideways but her legs are not as bowed as the legs of your dog seem to be.
Our vet told us it is nothing to worry about as long as she is able to pop her patella back into place when it pops out.
Thank you. I will ask the vet next time. I am glad to hear that is not serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts