Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught Askur chewing on a laxatives pack. I was 90% sure that he didnt eat a pill, he is not a very avid chewer. But he is very little only 4kg so I know that it takes very little amount of toxins to make him ill.

He did this literally 10 minutes after the vets closed. I was debating whether to call the emergency number, I suspected this didnt really constitute an emergency but I wanted to be sure. I managed to find a number for a vets opened a little longer. I called literally 3 minutes before they closed.. :eek:

They said if he ate a pill he will just get diarrhoea, if it doesn´t stop and he gets dehydrated to bring him in :thumbsup:

I was home all day, he could have done this at any time!

Silly little Askur, please just stick to stealing my slippers :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I know what you mean! If Zody decides to get sick or hurt himself he usually waits till the vet is closed for the day or it's the weekend. Then I'm stuck trying to decide if it's a true emergency or if I can wait to take him in.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its good to know that we are not the only ones with this problem of having emergencies after normal vet hours. I am sure I have spent more at ER Vet than the regular Vet. Hope Askur is OK
he´s fine but he tried to eat nail polish today :rolleyes: I got the bottle of him before he managed to open it. :thumbsup:

the funny thing is that he is not an avid chewer or very destructive, Ive had dogs like that who ate anything they could get their teeth on. He doesnt destroy things unless they are likely to be highly poisonous.

Reactions: benca1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts