Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally caved & went to photobucket to load pics, hope this works.
[/URL][/IMG]
This is a rescue who is to be flown in from the Caribbean after Christmas. Super obvious border collie mix (well, I and the rescue org think so), but any guesses on the other half?

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
could be mixed with Aussie...don't ask me why...

what a cutie!
does he have a far jorney?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's in the Dominican Republic. Belonged to a family that got deported, so he's just waiting for a flight date at the rescue in the DM. Which is a good thing as I promised my adopted cats a few months of 'normal' before I inflict a new dog on them (got them in April, but it took them until November to act like normal cats, they had a lot of issues with our resident cat) .

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
He looks all BC to me.

But that's kind of odd considering every time I've been in the Caribbean most the dogs are mish mashes. So I wonder if he's really a mix of a mix that looks like a BC? I've never been to the Dominican Republic though but the Islands I've been on have very typical muttly mutts almost exclusively.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He looks all BC to me.

But that's kind of odd considering every time I've been in the Caribbean most the dogs are mish mashes. So I wonder if he's really a mix of a mix that looks like a BC? I've never been to the Dominican Republic though but the Islands I've been on have very typical muttly mutts almost exclusively.
I've seen pics of his buddies at the rescue and they are a delightfully diverse mix of dogs. Makes me wonder what we are losing in terms of genetic diversity by so strictly controlling breeding through breed standards and bloodlines.

He could be anything, really, but certainly looks to be of the 'herding group' of dogs. He was just 30 lbs, but they told me he needs to put on weight, not sure how much. He's an 'above the knee' height dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts