Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, this looks like a great forum and I hope that I'm posting this is the right place "Dog Breeds". We started fostering this little man a couple of months ago, grew very attached, couldn't give him back to the shelter and decided to adopt him. We're really very curious about what breed he is...We think he has collie in him, but wonder what else....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I'm going to guess Border Collie and Pointer. I definitely think he is some sort of herding breed mix.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Aussie or border collie mixed with a pointer. Some shepherd maybe?

Congrats with the new adoption!

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
reminds me of some greek street dog mixes I've seen in rescues.
those are often multi generation mixes that have their origin in the purpose of herding (i.e. the shepherd wants a good herding dog so he pairs off herding dog a with herding dog b, and concentrates on them being good herding dogs more than on their breed)...a lot of them probably have some kind of collie breed in them...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much everybody. This all makes a lot of sense...
Some people have even said they see Jack Russell in him - he's pretty small (knee high) and only weights 24lbs. Others have said Setter because of the colouring of his fur. Guess he is just a mixed mix...
Anyway, whatever he is, we love him all the same!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought Brittany Spaniel x, as soon as I saw the pictures. It just popped into my head. He's a cutie, though. Congrats on your new family member.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts