Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I hope many of you are hearing "The Who" Who are you song with me now...
Wait I just gave away my aged didn’t I" It’s the CSI theme song from CSI Miami I believe...
Anyway, on other boards I belong to, an intro is nice, but knowing who others are is better. As one of the other boards I am on is state limited and firearms related, we often have group meets, that’s even better!

But often it helps to know who we are talking to. The Bio on these boards does not leave much space to write in...

Ok I will start. Other then being the Alpha male in Poutine’s life, I am a pen maker by hobby, a home repair man by necessity, and a security person by career.
Presently I work in an alarm central as a dispatcher, but I have been known to work directly in security as a guard and even as a supervisor in a large international airport.

I am also into guns, pistols, rifles and Shotguns, the last being my favorite at this time. I practice skeet, trap as often as I can.

I dabble at web pages, and probably spend wayyy to much time online. I am very close to 49 now, Canadian by citizenship, but hold an American permanent residency. That’s what happens when you chat with some one in an other country!
Married 8 years to a wonderful woman we bought our first home 2 years back and are trying as well as our budget will allow revamping it.

Our future goals are to breed Papillon, and to make as many friends as possible together.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm. people are shy..

No one wants to go past the basic intro..

Its good to get to know each other.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll give it a go! :D

About Me:

My name is Brittany Burkhardt, I am currently 18 and married
to my high school sweetheart and we have a baby girl due Feb.
2009. I am from Warren, Ar.Throughout my life, I have owned
almost ever breed of dog imaginable even mutts, so I am very
experienced with dogs. I come from a breeding family that
breeds Chihuahua's and just started breeding mini poodles.
Right now we have Chihuahua puppies that are ready to go
and a poodle litter due at the end of Jan. I currently have a
silver stud toy poodle (Scooter)who is seven months old and
I've already got bitches lined up for him when they come into
season. Other than Scooter, I have a Cairn Terrier male
who is 4 months old, I don't know if I'm going to use him
for stud in the future or not though, his name is Mr. Cheezle.
My career goal is to someday become a dog groomer, I already
have a lot of experience in this area. I also hope to show a future
pooch in the show ring someday!

I enjoy photography, art, dog grooming, history, reading, music,
working with photoshop, making new friends, taking my dogs
for walks, etc, etc. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK me!!
I am originally from the UK...Lancashire to be exact but moved here to the Med to The Rock of Gibraltar in 1974 after meeting my late husband on holiday>YES...some holiday romances do work!!!

I have two daughters and two identical twin baby granddaughters.I am a retired teacher...due to hit 60 next year D.V.
I had had a pekinese,a mixed breed dog called Scruffy ,half boxer and half Catalan Sheep Dog.......and a cat called Kitty .Now i only have the three chihuahuas.
I love going on cruises and have been fortunate enough to do quite a few.....going to China ,Korea and Japan in April 2009.

I LOVE animals and i know that I am over the top worrying about them but I cannot help it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am originally from Cincinnati Oh but spent my summers in Kentucky close to the TN. line. I now live here on a beautiful piece of property with a two acre pond/lake. I have five Jack Russells. There are four 5 week old puppys, two males and two females. We have Ella, Schatzi, Spud-nick and JR. The mothers name is Puppy and the fathers name was Spuds. Unfortunantly there was an accident with a calf from the farm next to me. Spuds apparently thought the calf (who got loose) was a big dog and he just wanted to play.
I miss Spuds but his children are beautiful and I love them. It has been so amazing to watch them grow and learn. Just this morning Spud-nick climbed up on the couch with me and I was amazed. I can not wait to start training them. I plan on keeping all four pups as there is plenty of land for them to run and play. I can't wait to get them outside.
I am currently remodeling my trailor and waiting for summer to get here. I also love to read and sing. I do a lot of activities with my church and am also learning to play the piano. I really enjoy this forum and have learned quite a bit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My name is Malorey, but some also call me Mal. I am 14 years old, and from Superior, WI. I love animals VERY much. I am in my freshman year, and hate it. I would love to get into breeding Cavies or Rabbits in the future. I enjoy forums. Alot. Hehe, and texting. I don't like snow or water...too much. Lol.

Just a little bit.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My name is Misha and I'm from Indiana!

I'm in high school and work at the local veterinarian office.
I plan on attending Purdue to become a veterinarian, actually.

I have a rambunctious 2 year old Dobie, Ruby, 2 parakeets, Bleeker and Juno, 2 cats, Piggy and Callie, an algae eater, Jacque, and a ferret, Stinky.

I love all dogs but my favorite breeds are the Doberman, German Shepherd, and Rottweiler. I'd love to breed Dobermans when out of college. :] And I'm a big dog person. Haha.

·
Banned
112 Posts
My Wife and I are parents of 5 children ages 10, 9, 6 and a pair of 5's. I work for a very successful company in NYC and live in a wonderful country home in North East PA. We, have had dogs all our lives. And feel that no family is complete without a wonderful loyal canine pack member. We got our first FCR over 4 years ago. And four more dogs later and we're hooked. We also have American Cocker Spaniels. And now we have a hybrid of the two called a "Chatham Hill Retriever". We actively show our FCR's and we have become quite the experts with DNA/genetics, Animal Husbandry, Socialization Rehabilitation, and very well studied on the history of the FCR.

We've picked up the torch to breed for a healthier dog first and foremost and if we have a few conformation winners along the journey then thats the icing on the cake. We are passionate about giving back to our breeds of dogs that we love and adore. Being aware of all the genetic disorders associated with purebred dogs due primarily to generations of old school breeding practices, we've found ourselves driven to go against the grain and be non-conformist in our attempts to do things as correctly as possible to provide as much genetic diversity into our future litters as possible. We've looked towards partnerships with sister kennels overseas to find lineages with as little Homozygous genes as possible.

We've learned from showing our own dogs just how fanatical the dog fancy can be. Sometimes this is a hard driven passion by the breeders to do what they think is the best they can to improve their breeds via selective breeding , line breeding etc. etc. The funny thing is that when faced with the truth about the adverse negative long term effects of their practices they usually acknowledge it and then just continue doing it. We refuse to do the same. A change is necessary. And we plan to do so one litter at a time.

Hopefully, we won't follow the same old path. Hopefully our efforts provide a dog where the results are a client calling us 18 years or more later crying to us about how their dog died in their arms, instead of calling us in 9 years sobbing about how they had to have their dog euthanized to end its suffering from a painful bout of cancer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello

Hello everyone,
My name is Mike and I live in SW Minnesota. I am a new dog owner and have a lot to learn. We had a dog when I was young. It was half lab and half beagle. It lived to be 18 years old and it was pretty traumatic when he died.

Recently we adopted a 20 month old Labradoodle and, if you have read any of my posts, it has had it's ups and downs. I absolutely love the dog, but he has some very destructive behavior when left alone. I think we are getting through it though!

Let's see... about me... I am married to Jane and we just celebrated out 25th anniversary last month. We have two children in college and both currently live with us.

I work in facilities and fleet management.

I have never been a very active person, due to a pretty severe weight problem that I have had my entire life, but in May of 2007 I had a gastric bypass and have lost just under 200 pounds. I rewarded myself by pursuing a lifelong dream to be a scuba diver! I was certified in the Fall of 2007 and got my advanced open water certification in 2008. My other hobbies include fishing and wood carving, although I have not done much of either lately.

I have been doing step aerobics for a couple years and, with the weight loss, felt healthy/active enough to adopt a dog that requires a good amount of attention. My dog is now my workout since I spend all my exercise time with him instead of the gym. :)

Anyway... that's me! It is nice to meet you all!
-Mike-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts