Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11 month old chow mix. She has recently started whining ALL THE TIME. I've come to the conclusion that she whines just for attention or because she's not getting her way... I've just been ignoring her when she whines but it's only gotten worse! What do I do?!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have an 11 month old chow mix. She has recently started whining ALL THE TIME. I've come to the conclusion that she whines just for attention or because she's not getting her way... I've just been ignoring her when she whines but it's only gotten worse! What do I do?!

I'd take her for a vet check up to make sure there is nothing wrong. If the whining started all of a sudden she might be in pain or something else could be wrong.

Once you're 100% sure it's not medical or bathroom related, I would ignore her until she's quiet, once she's quiet (even if it's only for 2 seconds) praise her at and give her a treat. As she learns that calm quiet behaviour gets her a treat she'll offer you more silence. Keep varying the amount of time she needs to be quiet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts