Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever breed gets more approval will be the one I will most likely get. My top 4 breeds are the Bull Terrier, Rottweiler, and German Shepherd. I defintely have the time, money, and resources in order to care its just a matter of which one to pick. I currently live in apartment. (All permitted.) :)

I really value affection and loyalty in dogs especially cuddling and all that.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I agree with Lucille, you should decide what fits best with your lifestyle and what your able to and want to handle.

Reactions: Lucillle

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Of the 3 breeds you named, none are good fits for apartment living. You should evaluate what traits you want in a dog, what conditions you may have for having a dog (apartment living, no backyard), and what you're willing to do to keep a dog active. Do you like hiking? Are there dog parks near that you plan to go to? Etc. Choosing a dog breed should take more consideration then asking a forum of people who don't know you, your situation, or your needs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I disagree with the statement that certain breeds aren't good fits for apartment living. What most matters is the time the owner dedicates to the dog. Obviously, having a home with a big fenced in backyard, means less work for the owner because the dogs have a free space outside to play and run around in. But I know plenty of people who have big dogs in apartment and they put in the time and effort to make sure the dog gets out each day and gets all the exercise they need. When the dogs in the apartment, it's for lounging around, sleeping, eating... Any dog owner can be lazy despite the type of dog they have or apartment. Its up to them to give their dog a high quality of life, regardless of apartment living or not.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I personally would not recommend any of those breeds, let alone a dog itself to someone who basis their decision of what kind of dog to get off of an online poll. People may be able to answer your question better if you tell them a little about your lifestyle and what you expect out of a dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts