Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lets see they've been mostly mutts, but as a kid we had a few German shorthaired pointers, a beagle mix and a lab mix. Since I've been on my own another beagle mix (he passed away in '03), border collie mix, GSP, and my pride and joy, the shih tzu/poodle mixes. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
We've had an Airedale (couldn't find the right spelling online :() she died when I was 3 or 4 :(
Then we had a Kuvos....a HUGE white fuzz ball. We had to find her a new home cause my sister was allergic
Then we now have 2 Pomeranians and a Wired Haired Pointing Griffon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh, I'd like to see pictures of your Griffon! My parents and brother have German Wirehaired Pointers. Not the same, I know, but they look similar to a griffon. Is yours used for hunting?

·
Registered
92 Posts
nope he's not used for hunting. We got him because they are "hypo-allergenic".
Lemme see if I can find a picture of him....nope don't have any...I'll try to remember to take one today and post it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Started with a Dalmation when I was four, followed by a Black Cocker Spaniel, 3 Rottweilers, 2 Wiemaraners, a pit bull.
The absolute love of my life Zeus, an American Bulldog, the smartest most well behaved dog-I hate using that word becuase he wasn't like a dog he was more like a person. He was six months old when he got his CGC the first time, than again when he was two. I did advanced obedience, agility, and Rally O with him. He went everywhere with me. I'll miss him forever, a true one of a kind.
He was followed by an English bulldog who passed away this last June and my newest addition is Jynx an 11 week old Aussie who I intend to do Agility, Rally O and possibly Fly ball with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
let's see...

Mister was a hairy mutt....
Winston was a great dane/grey hound
Useless was a St Bernard/Bernese Mountain Dog
Puff was a nasty mutt that chewed on everything
Angus was a Scottish Terrier
Tramp was a really smart little benji looking mutt
Shadow is an evil Siberian Husky that kills everything that moves (gave her to my brother)
Flash is a hound
Anna was a German Shephard
Scout is a collie....

·
Registered
40 Posts
We've always had Rottweilers! :D Our current one is about 6yrs old (gonna be 7 in Nov!) & his name is Titan. He's really sweet; but if he doesn't know you he can growl! Just warning ya, haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Rottweiler named Diamond, I have a shit zue named Pal, a shit zue cross and a border collie crossed with (we had a breeder tell us this) whippet

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think I have owned every dog in history lol.

Poodles (always had them)
alaskan malamutes
german shephards
great dane
shih tzus
lowchens
american cockerspaniels
shelties

cant think of any others :eek:

Right now Im owned by only the poodles and lowchens :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a chocolate lab, Bosco when I was younger until when I was 3. He bit my mom when she was pregnant with my sister and he left. My parent's never told me what was going on. :( I thought my dad was taking him for a drive, but when my dad came back, Bosco did not.:( I miss him, but he was a crazy dog. Didn't go down stairs, would jump up and down in front of our kitchen window...

When I was about 9, we got a yellow lab, Dixie. She's an intersting dog, but I love her. She's 12 now and acts like she's 5.

Then my neighbor had a German Shep pup that she gave to us. Shadow was like 1 or something when we got him. Unfortunately, he had too much energy for my family.. we tried dog trainers up to wazoo, and ultamitly had to find him a new home. My parents put him in foster care until they found someone they liked. He now lives with an older couple and one of their fathers. Shadow made a complete turn around and we couldn't be happier.

On my dad's 50th birthday, we went to a kill shelter and adopted Casey. We think he's a golden retreiver, collie? mix. He was clearly abused in his old home and was kicked out (the people found him running with another dog by the rail road tracks) Since my dad loves trains, we named him Casey, after Casey Jones. Casey is about 8-9 years old.

Then after my neighbor's dog passed away, she fostered a female dog that turned out to be pregnant with 11 puppies! all 11 survived and I of course wanted a puppy. So we let Dixie and Casey chose the pup. They chose Toby. He's a mix of just about everything. He's about 6-7 years old now.

After I moved in with my fiance, we always wanted a dog. We finally got a German bred German Shep in April. He turns 1 year old next month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm lets see.

When I was born my parents had a Cocker Spaniel, Ginger. We had her until I was about 4th grade maybe..then She died..
Then we got a dog after a guy from church passed away and about 2 months later we had to have her put down as she had bone cancer. She was a Black Lab mix, Sadie.
Then we took my sisters pure bred Yellow Lab, Honey. He was a nut, very hyper. My dad walked up the hill to get the mail one morning and Honey followed him and got hit by a car.
THEN we got the best dog ever from a small animal sale. A Black Lab Rottweiler mix, Ozzie. She had to be put down November 30 of lat year due to cancer. I miss her SOO much!

This is Ozzie

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I misunderstood this thread....

Lets see I/myfamily have owned almost every breed imaginable...

Poodles (mini)
Boston Terriers
English Bulldog
American Bulldogs
MUTTS
Dachshund
Beagles
Rottweilers
Rat Terriers

1 - 20 of 623 Posts