Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have pictures of my cousin's dogs, and my grandpas dog. I was just wondering what they were.

This is Angel ^^ The people they got her from said she was a pitbull/lab.

This is Kuma, and they got her at a flea-market. They said she was a rottweiler/GSD mix.

And this is Sport. He is supposed to be a purebred black lab, but he has a long snout.

Angel is about 90lbs, Kuma is about 50lbs, and Sport is...close to 100-120lbs. Thanks for all the opinions on what they are :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
angel looks like a pit mix but a bit large...kuma, that sounds too small for those breeds, but again looks like there is some rott in there, and sport looks like a lab...some of them do have longish snouts like that and it isn't unusual for a lab to be 100lbs tho i think that 60-80 is more like the standard....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I agree-labs can have long snouts-my friend has a purebred lab and she has a long nose ;)

Kuma looks just rotti to me, but the pic is a bit bleary...and that weight sounds a bit small for a pure rotti-not sure thene.

Angels' feet look so dainty!! I would think there isn't lab-they are not dainty in any respect hehehe. Do you have other pics of her?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the blurryness xD And Kuma has a white blotch on her chest, and a long tail like a cattle dog. I have more pics on my other comp. gimme a few minutes lol. Angel acts like a lab though, she retrieves, very trainable, and I think her mom was a purebred yellow lab, not sure...they just got their dogs from BYB that didnt bother getting their dogs fixed and didnt bother giving out info on the parents.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sport was purchased from a breeder as a "cattle dog" and "guard dog", but my grandparents didnt know a labrador wasnt bred for cattle herding xD He does a pretty good job at it though. I thought he had great dane in him since he is so large, but it could just the way he is bred.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I have known many poorly bred labs to have long thin muzzles and weigh more, to me he looks like a lab possibly mixed with something.

Honestly the weights do not sound right especially on the first two...I think the weights are opposite to be honest, the pit mix (definitely is one) looks more like 50 and the rott mix (definitely looks like one) looks to be 90. There has to be a mix up on the weights because there is no way that pit mix weighs 90...she is too thin and small.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooohhh no. Angel is taller, and more broad than Kuma. I just got a close up of Kuma.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Can you get a photo of the two of them side by side? I don't see 90 pounds being possible in the one dog, so many a different photo will help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts