Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My cat and I are moving in with my boyfriend in a few months and he and I have decided to get a dog after we settle in! I would like to know which breed would be best to get. This will be our first dog (other that the ones our parents had when we were little). We have a cat - she is very active, likes to play, but is a bit of an alpha. She will need someone that will share the space with her, not overly dominate it. No allergies, no financial considerations. We will take the dog on a daily walk and participate in structured play. I would prefer a low-shed breed. We live in South Florida, so the breed needs to be ok with the heat. Any ideas? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I have a German Shepherd, Doberman, and Lab mix. I've had her since she was first born as the mother of her is my dad's and she's about 9 now. She doesn't shed to much, but she's black. (Although if a dog is to hot you can usually spray them with a hose to cool them off, that's what we do.) Also it depends on what type of dog you would like, from what I've seen poodles shed a bit more than my Lab mix does, but a Chihuahua (that I've seen) doesn't shed to much neither. Also the Lab mix I have shares bed space with whoever is there aka. her mother/brother/and our cats. Hope this helped!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts