Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i was wondering if you'all could help me with something. i'm a bit concerned about ticks for the summer months and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good repellant type product. i live in lake tahoe and i take my dog swimming atleast once a week. fleas aren't a problem at this altitude, thankfully, but ticks worry me, and mosquitos.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I use Advantage Multi, because it has heartworm in it also, but it does not do ticks or mosquitoes.

That's why I said Advantix, because you were looking for tick repellent. I used to use Advantix, but my dog does not like water, so I do not know if it will wash off. I wouldn't think it would, if you put it on at least 3 hours before swimming.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Why put all these unecessary chemicals on and in our dogs? Use Diamatacous earth. If you have a flea or tick issue rub some on your dogs skin. Use only the FOOD GRADE not the pool grade. Look it up on google. It will explain how it kills

Diatomaceous Earth and Dogs

If you do decide to go the route of chemicals. Please stay away from anything Hartz and Seargents..including their shampoo.

HartzVictims.org - One More Victim is One Too Many

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Why put all these unecessary chemicals on and in our dogs? Use Diamatacous earth. If you have a flea or tick issue rub some on your dogs skin. Use only the FOOD GRADE not the pool grade. Look it up on google. It will explain how it kills

If you do decide to go the route of chemicals. Please stay away from anything Hartz and Seargents..including their shampoo.

This stuff kills scorpions and roaches too! Not sure if its food grade or the pool grade but this stuff is natural and awesome. Didn't know it worked for fleas and ticks (tho I don't have these issues)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i do not have a flea or tick problem, but when i travel with my dog, i travel to areas where fleas and ticks are problematic.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts