Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on training my 10 week old lab puppy. In my spare bathroom I have her crate, at night I'll lock her in the crate but during the day I'll keep her in the bathroom so she can move a little more freely while I'm at work. Am I doing the rite thing? She has been having a tough time sleeping through the night and usually gets up at 3-4am so ill let her out but when I put her back in the crate she will not stop crying which is driving me insane because I cannot sleep. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It sounds like she spends 90% of her time alone. Do you have someone that can come over and play with her in the middle of the day?
Another thought is to go to bed a little bit earlier and at 4AM just get up, let her out, and stay up and play with her. I'm up at 4 almost every day.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What is your work schedule? What do you do in the evening once you are home? Ideally you should have someone coming in mid-day to take puppy outside and play for a bit/feed lunch, etc. at about the 4 hour mark. I would try to set that up so he gets some stimulation and company during the day. In the evening when you are home from work, you should, be playing with him, taking him out to potty, run in the yard, etc. , and then one last potty trip outside before bed around 11PM or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.