Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I apologise if this has already been asked, just curious to know where your dog(s) sleeps at night.
My 7 month old pup has just graduated house training so now I have her sleep in her soft bed, but underneath the table so she still feels secure, as I previously had her in her playpen at night. She is right across from my room, but I like to sleep with the door closed, so she doesn't sleep in my room.
Post pictures if possible :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Freyja and Shorty roam the house at night. I think shorty spends most of the night going from the couch, chair and bed in my room. Freyja spends most of the night on the couch. She also sleeps on a bed right next to me. Vegas sleeps on a king sized bed, he shares it with his grandma. My BF and his parents all live together. It works out well for all of us.
Freyja use to sleep in bed with us, but after she hit 90 pounds or so she just got too big. She actually takes up a small amount of space, but she is nearly as long as the bed is and she kicks in her sleep, a lot.

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tucker sleeps in my bed. He also has a little kid sized foam couch thing that he'll nap on during the day, likes it much better than the leather couch or the rug.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Levi sleeps with us! Heidi sleeps in her crate (for now) but snuggles in bed with us before we go to sleep, and once they go out to pee in the morning.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The dogs have free reign of the house at night. They alternate between the couches and the floor. For the most part, my bedroom is animal free but every so often i'll leave the door open and they jump on the bed very enthusiastically. Timber and Karitsa usually eventually jump off the bed as they get warm easily and go lay on the floor.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Katina,

Your dog looks very content curled up in her dog bed. You've come up with a great place for her to relax. :)

My dog usually starts out in his dog bed in my bedroom, but oftentimes he wanders out to the hallway or one of his other dog beds in the house. I leave the door ajar so that he can move to whichever spot he feels the most comfortable in.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Betsy has her own bed in our bedroom & stays there the whole night, maybe getting up for a drink of water (also supplied in the bedroom :rolleyes:) she has a bed in the living room for daytime. She has free reign of the house at all times. I've always had my rescue dogs sleeping in our room at night & I've never had a problem with SA during the day, maybe it's linked?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Cosmo sleeps on the floor when my boyfriend is in the bed and with me when he goes to school in the mornings for a couple hours. Boyfriend doesn't like the space he takes up so we came to an agreement that he can be on the bed when my boyfriend is gone. :) Cosmo actually fell into that pattern and does well with that but when we move he will have to be crated likely

·
Registered
641 Posts
Like the proverbial 500 pound gorilla, my boy sleeps wherever he wants to sleep, which, typically, is my bed--even when I'm not in it (he's in there sleeping right now). If it's the summer, and he gets warm, he may move to the floor or further away from me in the bed, but he doesn't leave the bedroom. He could; he just doesn't choose to do so. During the day, he naps on the couch or on me on the couch. When I'm on my elliptical, he routinely naps in the glider chair next to the elliptical. It's not that he does nothing but sleep, but he knows he can't really participate in the exercising on the elliptical but he likes to stick close when I do that, for whatever his doggie reason is, so he's chosen that chair as his.

There are multiple dog beds in my house. They are they are the only places he doesn't sleep.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Let's see, he sleeps in his car booster seat that he's decided makes a good bed, his little bumper bed, the couch, on top the dog sleeping bag if his heater is on, and my bed. He also has a kennel bed under my bed for his hiding pleasure since he hides under the bed when there's a thunderstorm or fireworks.

Him on my bed

Him in front of his heater. Sorry about the quality of the picture, it was taken with my old camera.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Normally both of my dogs sleep out front in their beds but at the moment Simba is sleeping in the garage and Leia is sleeping out front until his stitches come out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I got a pic of the dogs sleeping and I'd thought I'd add some.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think I am probably the weirdo here. My dogs sleep in the living room in their crates. At bed time everyone crates up and gets a cookie. When Basil is a little bit older I will likely not bother crating him but he'll still sleep in the living room. Cora will continue to be crated because otherwise she'll start something as she is a witch when left to her own devices.

Amelia gets crated because she refuses to be 100% potty trained. She likes peeing on fabric far too much and give the chance will pee on the dog beds. She'll also pee on her bedding in her crate (does not bark to go out) but the crate blankets are easy to pull out and clean.

Nobody seems upset about having to sleep in their crates. They quite willingly go in, eat their nightly cookie, and go to sleep. Maybe it is because they are also fed in their crates and crated throughout the day when necessary.

Reactions: KodaKeet

·
Registered
60 Posts
During the day Riloue sleeps everywhere. He has a big box with his bed in it, which he uses if its not too hot. Otherwise anywhere on the floor.
At night he goes outside into his kennel. For most of the time he just goes in and sleeps all night, sometimes he wanders around for a bit before sleeping.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
At the start of the night Buster will spend an hour or 2 up the top of the bed with me.

Then the rest of the night he'll move to the bottom of the bed if he gets too warm, or if I part my legs under the covers, he'll lie in that space on top of the covers and curl up, he's such a love.

Reactions: KodaKeet

·
Registered
436 Posts
Everywhere. In the winter I will invite her to sleep in my bed sometimes. In the summer she would not be caught dead in my bed, it is too hot

·
Banned
66 Posts
The dachshund brothers sleep in our bed and seldom move during the night. Under the covers until I take them out for the morning bathroom break.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
I will post photos later on but Jessie used to sleep on my bed all the time then for a month or two after putting her soft bed in my room which meant putting crate in other room she would bugger off in that bed without cuddles beforehand. Since took pink blanket out and we just spent the last few days sleeping walking relaxing training basically doing bugger all she mostly on my bed at night now. I prefer her on the bed but if I ever find Mr right she might have to go back in own bed and would have to crate herr will see.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.