Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you buy your pet meds? I've been just buying from our vet, but Roscoe is close to adult size now, so it's time to buy several months at a time and start saving a little money. I've used 1-800-pet-meds in the past. Are they still good value and quality? Heartworm meds will be expensive no matter what, but I want to save where I can without compromising on quality and Roscoe's health.

TIA :)

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
214 Posts
I haven't had to buy medications yet :knock on wood:, but have heard that most pet medications are available at regular drug stores for half to 1/3 of the cost. You might want to check there first.

Reactions: gngracie

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is kind of a weird place but I buy my dogs meds at Costco. I find they usually have the cheapest. The don't have a huge variety but they have what I need.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Where do you buy your pet meds? I've been just buying from our vet, but Roscoe is close to adult size now, so it's time to buy several months at a time and start saving a little money. I've used 1-800-pet-meds in the past. Are they still good value and quality? Heartworm meds will be expensive no matter what, but I want to save where I can without compromising on quality and Roscoe's health.

TIA :)
I wondered this exact thing.

Reactions: gngracie

·
Registered
874 Posts
It is kind of a weird place but I buy my dogs meds at Costco. I find they usually have the cheapest. The don't have a huge variety but they have what I need.
This is where I got Trucker's Prozac but it was still fairly expensive. I never thought to look for Heartworm or Flea/Tick medications.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I so miss Costco! We only have Sam's in this area, but I'll check with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts