Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I leave the house, my best buddy Charlie has an episode and all he wants to do is scout out of the windows waiting for my arrival home. And so of course, after the destruction of the first set of blinds, I began leaving on window's blinds pulled up. But of course, this isn't enough... Charlie has to tear up other blinds because what I forgot is that it's obviously a necessity to look out of all the windows. Even when they are side-by-side. I have tried some amatuer training attempts to get him not to do this, but those failed. I am also broke and unemployed. I make sure I always have food, meds, and enough to take him to a vet should he need a visit before his annual, but a trainer is out of the question. So I am settled on the fact that this guy is gonna put his head in the window no matter what.
With that being settled, someone PLEASE tell me a brand or DIY at home solution for a set of blinds that either can withstand him sticking his head through them (and won't get his head stuck and choke him or anything crazy) or are easy to fix/put back together. Every set I own is torn to shreds and I can't afford replacements. But when I CAN afford them, I want them to be my final purchase. At least for a while. Thanks guys and gals!

·
Super Moderator
10,772 Posts
I'd try the hanging slat blinds, they are also called vertical blinds, that way your boy could get his head through them to look out, but unless he's chewing them or something he shouldn't be able to easily destroy them by just looking out. The only other solutions I can think of is using an translucent window film to see if obscuring his view will get him to stop.

·
Super Moderator
626 Posts
I second the suggestion of opaque window film. It's cheap and it clings rather than sticks so it's easy to remove when you want to (and reapply if you want to do that too).

·
Registered
247 Posts
Can’t you just leave the blinds up when you’re gone? Are you sure the behavior only is because he wants to look out the window, not due to anxiety or under-stimulatuon?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts