Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Asha treats in her kong treat toy today and with in five seconds she had them all out of it and had finished eating them. I was sure she had just hit it lucky and done it accidentally, but nope I put treats in it three more times and time after time she picked it up by the small end and had tipped all the treats out onto the floor with in a two second period. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Clever dog, It gets hot in QLD try putting the kong in the freezer overnight with treats in it, it will take her a lot longer :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
tee hee hee. You could try using longer length wise treats. (Even if they pick up the kong and drop it, a few might make it out, but not as much as before.)

Also, as someone mentioned putting it in the freezer. You can also put peanut butter in the front to make it a bit harder for them to get out the food. (THey have to lick off the peanut butter or stuffing for kong.) before any treats will fall out. ^_^

·
Registered
22 Posts
We always put peanut butter in kong toys for our lab. He LOVES peanut butter and it definitely took him awhile. He was infamous for tearing apart any toy and eating it so the peanut butter made it so he wouldn't eat the toy to get to the treats. He was a garbage disposal lol

He's 15 now so we don't have to worry about that anymore lol

·
Registered
876 Posts
What we do is put some kibble in, put a wad of peanutbutter in, then stuff in more kibble, then another peanutbutter wad and so on til the end, which gets a peanutbutter cap.. and then FROZEN ... so they can't ever simply tip it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts