Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am foster a mother border collie (mcnab ish) and her 9 puppies she just welped 6 days ago. they came out black and white. one had some brown, but as the days go by, brown is showing up on their cheeks, and other parts. when do their true colors shine through? its so fun to watch them grow. I grab a bowl of popcorn and just watch.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Cute pups! Most colors changes (if they happen) won't truly come through until the pups shed their puppy fur and get their adult coat. (between 7-12 months)

Though most of the time there isn't a huge amount of change. Sounds like you have black tris, black white and with some tan points. These colors don't change very much. As my girl grew the main change she had is a white spot on her heck got smaller but that was it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Oh they are soooooo cute! We are bringing home our 8 week old cockapoo puppy in 3 weeks and I have seen weekly pics of all the puppies and their color has definitely changed over the course of the 5 weeks. Some have more white than before, some of them have less white, one has turned a deeper red and two have gotten lighter....on her website she posts pics of them grown up with their new families and I am shocked that a few of the dogs at the age of 1 looks nothing like their puppy pictures either color or coat texture wise. I guess it's an ever evolving thing...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awe, too cute!! When my god kids were given Nova at 8weeks she was black & white just like that and then slowly her freckles started coming in. It was so fun to watch her transform! I am curious to know what my boy (Dallas) is going to look like. Nobody wanted him because he already has a ton of freckles and he doesn't have the handsome white "mantle" to his face -- it's a bunch of different colors at 8weeks so I am expecting he will be quite the explosion of freckles! Hehe
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts