Dog Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
A simple google search suggests that:

Pit bulls are less than 6% of all dogs in the USA
There are approximately 4.5 million pit bulls in the United States, making approximately 5.8% of the country's canine population.

Dog Bite Law › pit-bul...
Pit Bulls: Facts and Figures - Dog Bite Law

And yet "DogsBite.org recorded 36 fatal dog attacks in 2018. Pit bulls contributed to 72% (26) of these deaths -- over 8 times more than the next closest breed, "mixed-breed," with 3 deaths. "

That said, I truly believe it's owner/handler error that leads to the vast majority of these attacks. As I said before, the ones I've been around were awesome dogs.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
American Staffordshire terrier, the breed that killed a newborn, ranks highest for attacks in NSW - ABC News Breed of dog that killed newborn ranks highest for attacks in NSW, but expert says focus should be 'deed not breed'
If a dog kills a newborn baby it is the fault of the baby's parents 100% of the time. If anyone gets bitten by a dog it is their own fault most of the time. I really deplore the way that people attribute these things to breeds of dogs instead of taking responsibility themselves.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Murphy is nervous he wears a yellow tag on his lead that says keep your distance.
Even so we get people wondering up sticking out their hand going what a nice dog.. or joggers who come jogging right up our backsides and if he reacts or parked it's always his fault when will people actually take responsibility for their own actions?
If I crept up behind them and shouted boo I bet they would jump...but apparently if you do that to a dog the dog is supposed to be solid and never react.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If a dog kills a newborn baby it is the fault of the baby's parents 100% of the time. If anyone gets bitten by a dog it is their own fault most of the time. I really deplore the way that people attribute these things to breeds of dogs instead of taking responsibility themselves.
I 100% completely agree with babies and kids.
I agree adults most the time.
The thread got a little side tracked from my original intention.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A simple google search suggests that:

Pit bulls are less than 6% of all dogs in the USA
There are approximately 4.5 million pit bulls in the United States, making approximately 5.8% of the country's canine population.
View attachment 251209
Dog Bite Law › pit-bul...
Pit Bulls: Facts and Figures - Dog Bite Law

And yet "DogsBite.org recorded 36 fatal dog attacks in 2018. Pit bulls contributed to 72% (26) of these deaths -- over 8 times more than the next closest breed, "mixed-breed," with 3 deaths. "

That said, I truly believe it's owner/handler error that leads to the vast majority of these attacks. As I said before, the ones I've been around were awesome dogs.
Pit bulls are great dogs for one person. They are loyal, protective and sweet.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
And of course that applies to any dog.
Obviously.
Even though i mentioned breed in latest attack i didnt mean it to turn into pit bashing, that wasnt my intention. Ive always stated any breed is dangerous in that situation but and the but is some breeds physical makeup makes it even more risky

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Another idiot parents. Jesse in pram with very big bright obvious nervous dog patch. Walked past parents and little toddler. Toddler yells out "doggy"and makes a bee line to us as i keep walking. I said dont pat and told parents hes scared of kids. Parents stand there dont care as the kid bolta faster than i could walk and puts his head in the pram so i quickly grab jesses muzzle and hold it as tight as i could as jesses growling. Mum finaly pulls kid out and away and whacked his head on the handle in the process leaving a screaming kid. I told jesse good boy and gave him treats cause hes a good boy

21 - 30 of 30 Posts