Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just made this thread wondering what personality everyone's dogs have since we all have different dogs. Personally my dog's personality is playful, protective, likes to hunt and also likes to catch the tennis ball before I do:D, but what is yours?:)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Stella is very smart, very affectionate (forcefully so sometimes!), energetic, friendly to almost all people and loves kids, tolerant, but strong willed and stubborn at times.

Tyrion is a total terrier personality, intense and doesn't give up even when it's a danger to his safety! He is very sweet, nosy, playful, and he is smart. I also have to admit he's a little obnoxious too.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Riley really has matured into a well-rounded dog. The best way I can think of to describe him is that he's good-natured. He's intelligent, expressive, calm (most of the time..), reserved, sensitive, handler oriented and loves to work.

Reactions: TrampolineBoxer

·
Registered
279 Posts
Protective and loyal, this has emerged more as she got older. She is perfectly friendly to people we meet outside the home and always great with kids, but she will growl at any stranger who comes to the house unless I introduce them, then she is reserved until she gets to know them. I have no doubt that she would attack an unwelcome stranger.
She also won't let any stranger walk her, with her recent minor health issues and not being able to send her to doggie daycare we were unable to just hire an a walker, she would at worst attack them and at best refuse to leave the house with them, thankfully our neighbor who she loves was able to help, but even then it took 3 days of our neighbor (who really knows dogs) ccing to get her to walk a little.

Obedient, mostly, I wouldn't call her smart so much as intuitive, with the family she is very good at reading us and knowing how to act, she comforts the kids when then have got in trouble, lays by my feet when I work from home and is just generally awesome.

Very playful and mischievous, she actually understands the concept of tag, and it satisfies her need for chasing and being chased, if we do not have a daily tag session she tries to initiate unsanctioned chasing, it is actually more important for me to play with her each day than walk her each day.

TLDR protective, loyal, obedient, intuitive, playful.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fearless, curious, friendly, sensitive, loves absolutely everyone, high energy, playful, affectionate, sneaky, stubborn, creative.

PS I've been thinking about plunking down the $19 to get him a dognition profile - this is basically myers briggs for dogs. Has anyone tried it?

https://www.dognition.com/

·
Registered
502 Posts
Chessa is extremely smart, loyal, intense, anxious, protective and very prey driven. She is completely glued to me and worries about me constantly.

Echo is laid back, smart, very prey driven, and while friendly really only acknowledges me. She has never ending energy and loves to play. She would be happy to tear around in the woods for the rest of her life.

Reese is the happiest dog alive, very ditzy, clumsy and doesn't have more than one brain cell in her head. But did I mention she's happy? She loves everyone and everything and is just grateful for the air she breathes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Asha is extremely smart, a huge cuddler with people, very intense at times, anxious a lot. She's one of those dogs that can sleep all day but as soon as you want to do something she can can go for hours.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Levi - Sweet, smart, very affectionate, friendly, suuuper happy and athletic.

Heidi - Genius, moderately-friendly, intense when working, and very athletic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts