Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My dog has these strange seizure’s where she breaths fast and alot and also get shakes and muscle twitches. I work at a veterinary clinic myself and we’ve taken multiple tests of blod, poo etc and all comes back clean. None of the vets at my clinic has any clues whas wrong with her. Also been at three other vets and spesialists that dont find anything. Its not epilepsy. It goes on for 30-60minutes. Sometimes she can go months with not having any of them, when it happends it usually happends the next 2-3 days also. Seems to come more around and after her maturity but not always. Hard to say if it comes when she eats nasty stuff outside, has come once or twice when she has eaten poo, but also comes when she has not eaten anything unusual. Please help😥

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check all the products your dog is on as some flea and tick treatments can cause seizures. Otherwise, I would look into CBD as it has many studies supporting treatment for seizures.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Check all the products your dog is on as some flea and tick treatments can cause seizures. Otherwise, I would look into CBD as it has many studies supporting treatment for seizures.
There not seizures there tremors but that treatment might help. Horrible steroids is the treatment of choice by vets for shaker dogs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well she does take pills to not get ticks. Thank you very much😘, I will look into it

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dog has these strange seizure’s where she breaths fast and alot and also get shakes and muscle twitches. I work at a veterinary clinic myself and we’ve taken multiple tests of blod, poo etc and all comes back clean. None of the vets at my clinic has any clues whas wrong with her. Also been at three other vets and spesialists that dont find anything. Its not epilepsy. It goes on for 30-60minutes. Sometimes she can go months with not having any of them, when it happends it usually happends the next 2-3 days also. Seems to come more around and after her maturity but not always. Hard to say if it comes when she eats nasty stuff outside, has come once or twice when she has eaten poo, but also comes when she has not eaten anything unusual. Please help😥

Hi, as I was reading your post I was hoping your precious dog was not all white. We have a Maltipoo. He does what your dog does. Unfortunately our dog was diagnosed with mast cell. It appeared on his paw and we had as much removed as would allow without amputation. He breathes extremely heavy out of the blue. He runs like the dickens and plays. Mast cell as you know is an inflammatory disease. People need to be aware of the bumps that appear and disappear also. I hope you find the issue and are able to take care of it. Best of luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts