Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Like @naturalfeddogs has said, I would go visit a vet. It is pretty difficult for us to determine what is this without seeing it in person, and also we're not experts.

¡Let us know what it turns out to be!

Reactions: Chas

·
Registered
745 Posts
It could be a tick if it is you need to get it off asap! google tick & tick removal & see. They dig in to the skin & are hard to get off. They can paralyze animals if its that sort of tick.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It could be a tick if it is you need to get it off asap! google tick & tick removal & see. They dig in to the skin & are hard to get off. They can paralyze animals if its that sort of tick.
That's not a tick...Its some sort of growth that needs to be seen by a vet, not pulled off by the owner....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agree with above, that is not a tick and do not pull it off !! It is a growth of some kind that a vet can tell you about.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just to clarify I said it COULD be one not it IS one, & encouraged them to GOOGLE it so they can see a whole list of ticks compare it for themselves as we are just going by a photo & they can see it -feel it in the real. Then I said IF it is one - then you can remove it yourself. There's a u.tube video on it. As for a dogs welfare, plenty of people have mistaken ticks for warts & left them there when they should've removed them resulting in paralysis which could've been avoided. (That is why I mentioned it)Not all ticks look alike. There's one which is black & burrows it's head & feet deep into the skin so you can't see them, it looks exactly like a growth or mole. My mum had one on her cat last week in aussie! She has been to the vet prior with a tick, & he showed her how to get it off, as every second counts! By the way, not everyone has a vet on their doorstep. I'm lucky cos there's 4 I can choose from all within 10 mins drive, but some of these people live rural & are miles & miles away from a vet.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I would hope you don't REALLY believe that COULD be a tick. Did you blow the picture up and look close? Yes, there are different types of ticks, but non that look like that. Best advice for this is to go to a vet, don't even begin to lead someone to believe it could be a tick.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, That’s definitely not a tick - besides it’s so engorged that it would be ready to fall off about right now. looks like a dermatology issue. I’d go see the vet. keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts